As the term draws to a close, it is a pleasure to be part of all the celebration events, performances and assemblies which acknowledge everything that BIS Abu Dhabi students have achieved in the last few months. There is a great feeling of positivity and success which will no doubt encourage the students to aim for even greater achievements next term.
As well as all the success in school, a lot of work goes into supporting students for their future studies once they graduate school. Our Year 13 students have done very well in their IGCSEs and now in their IB programme. They are applying to the highest Universities around the world, including all the following:
- In the UK: Oxford University, Cambridge University, London School of Economics, Imperial College London, University College London, Warwick University
- In the US: MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Princeton University, Yale University, Harvard University, UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles), Stanford University
This week in fact, three of our students have been attending interviews in the UK at Oxford and Cambridge which is a tremendous achievement in itself. These are:
- Solenn applying to Oxford for English and Modern Languages
- David applying to Cambridge for Mathematics
- Amaliyah applying to Cambridge for Architecture
This is a really exciting time for all our Year 13 students and we wish them the very best of luck. This news is a lovely way to end the term and is a great inspiration for all BIS Abu Dhabi students to be ambitious for their own education in the future.
Wishing all our families a peaceful winter break and we look forward to seeing you all again in January.
Patrick Horne, Principal