Face-to-Face and Virtual Learning
- For the first 4 weeks schools will open for students from FS2 to Year 6. All social distancing rules will apply
- For the first 4 weeks all students in Secondary will undertake Virtual Learning
- For parents of students in Primary, it is still your choice if you wish your child to return to school during the first 4 weeks or if you wish them to undertake Virtual Learning
- We are awaiting further guidance regarding Nursery
- The Health Authority, SEHA, are in school today undertaking COVID tests for staff. This is funded by the authorities, not the school
- Students from Nursery to Year 7 will not be required to have a COVID test
- Students from Year 8 upwards will be required to have a COVID test (the PCR test). Details on how this will operate will be announced at a later date
As a school we recognise the challenges faced by the authorities in trying to open schools, whilst at the same time taking additional health precautions. The start for term remains 30th August, though note that the authorities will still need to give final confirmation before schools open. We fully support their efforts and are fortunate that as a large school we are able to adapt swiftly to any changes. Both face-to-face and Virtual Learning will be in operation and will continue to be of the highest quality.
Throughout the day today we will be amending plans following this announcement and will write to you tomorrow in full detail. I would suggest people please hold questions for now but please do come back to us if there is anything you would like to follow up on tomorrow.
My thanks as ever to all parents for their support and understanding. At the heart of everything that is going on we remain focused on providing the best education for students now as well as planning safely for their education in the future.