Things are really taking shape at our new South Loop campus! The exterior of the school, including the rooftop green space, is looking great and the interiors are really starting to show the personality of the new space.
Here are some details on the recent work taking place:
- Soccer field excavation work is ongoing as exterior developments maintain schedule plans. Scheduled date for artificial turf to arrive – May 18th.
- 9th Street has seen considerable progress since the last round of photos and has now been brought up to grade with the entrance of the building. The construction team have also been able to install a section of the sidewalk running alongside the north side of the building for student and BSC use. We are anticipating the release from the city for work to begin on Taylor Street, the road running alongside the south side of the building, in the coming weeks.
- Rooftop space is continuing on schedule and following last week significant progress has been made in relation to trees and soil being installed. 50% of all plantings have been completed.
- As can be seen in the photos, epoxy flooring work is ongoing in our science suites and moving along as planned. The work is planned to be complete before our next site review. Additional spaces requiring epoxy flooring (bathrooms, kitchen) have all been finalized and the next space to see appropriate workings are the Design Technology rooms.
- General flooring is continuing throughout the building and the second floor is nearing completion including carpet installation in classrooms and offices. First floor flooring is moving along efficiently and basement floor will begin once the first floor space is completed.
- The gymnasium flooring and striping is completed and this past week bleacher installation began. Once this work is complete the flooring specialists are set to come back to provide floor spaces for volleyball posts.
- MEP ceiling trim is in its final stages and the lighting for our libraries arrived on site last week ready for installation.
- Bathroom partition installation is ongoing.
- Security camera installation ongoing throughout the building and Salto security door system continuing on exterior doors.
Additional points worth noting;
- Retractable walls have been installed in the early learning space.
- Kitchen equipment is nearing final completion of installation.
- All lockers have been installed throughout the school.
- Drama/Dance studio flooring completed and mirrors being installed currently.
- Special lighting in libraries has been installed and is operational.
- Cabinetry work ongoing throughout the entire school.