About The British International School of Chicago, South Loop
The British International School of Chicago, South Loop (BISC-SL) is seeking an Admissions and Events Officer to join its dynamic staff. BISC-SL is a highly successful and the fastest growing school in Chicago and has established a reputation for excellence in the Chicago market. The contemporary, learning-driven school is located in the South Loop area of Chicago, serving both American and international families.
In addition to being highly successful in its own right, BISC-SL is a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of Premium International Schools. The successful candidate will be joining an international team in which thoughts and ideas are shared around the globe as we strive to make our schools the very best in the world.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and committed to delivering a first class customer service experience to our families by understanding each family’s unique situation.
In addition to possessing excellent attention to detail and superb communications skills, you will be goal and results orientated, and you will also bring a strong sense of customer focus. You will be a personable team player, keeping both your admissions colleagues as well as the school leadership team informed as you engage prospective families whilst maintaining loyalty amongst our current families.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- To work and share within the life of the school according to the above job purpose.
- Answer, forward, and note incoming phone calls while providing information when needed
- Read, answer or forward, and record email inquiries
- Update and provide admissions statistics (i.e. number of leads, inquiries, visits, applications, enrollments, and reenrollments)
- Create enrollment contracts for mid-year students
- Work with Nursery through Year 13 families from lead to enrollment
- Download and update new applications with the Admissions Team on a daily basis
- Schedule parent meetings, play date/shadow days and collect supporting documents
- Conduct parent meetings
- Assist with group tours
- Coordinate and implement all MAC events from beginning to end
- Assist the MAC Team on design of acceptance packages to an enrolled family
- Attend school fairs and outreach events as needed
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in customer service, sales, hospitality and/or events management
- Experience of writing media and an understanding of how to optimize content
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, and communication skills to interact with diverse nationalities and cultures
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility in dealing with multi-functional tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creative and technical thinking ability
- Self-motivated and adaptable to different tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of integrity
- Affinity with and interest in education
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k.
Nord Anglia Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Nord Anglia Education complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.