Safety, security, health and wellbeing are very important to us at Compass International School.
- Get the help they need when they need it
- Be seen by a professional such as a teacher, school nurse or counsellor if the need arises
- Be listened to seriously, and staff will use their power to help children
- Be able to discuss issues in private, if and when children want to
- Work together effectively on children's behalf
- Be competent, confident, properly trained and supported
- Work to continually improve how and what is done to help children
- Be involved with children and help them understand decisions made about their lives
- Share information to protect and support children
- Minimise disruption to other parts of children's lives
Food and Drink
At our new Themaid Campus, there is a cafeteria providing hot and cold lunches, snacks and drinks. Alternatively students can bring their own a healthy snack and lunch to school.There is no cafeteria at our Gharaffa, Rayyan and Madinat Khalifa Campuses and we ask children to bring a cool box for food to eat at break time and lunch. There are two breaks of 30 minutes to make sure our children eat.
We operate a strict NO NUT policy.
Please try to ensure there are at least two pieces of fresh fruit and some vegetables (carrots, cherry tomatoes) in their lunch box. Crisps, processed foods and confectionary are not recommended.
Water is essential. Please try and avoid fizzy drinks and sweetened drinks. High-energy drinks that contain high levels of caffeine are detrimental to wellbeing and learning.
- It is very hot in Qatar, especially in the summer. Primary children are expected to wear a hat during play times. Sunscreen is advisable.
- Please ensure that your child is rested and has plenty of quality sleep.
- Please ensure you always share information with us concerning medical conditions and general physical or mental health.
- Traffic is heavy at times in Qatar and some driving is erratic. You should educate your child in road safety, as will the school. Please always be acutely aware of the safety of others when dropping off or picking up your children from our school.
Site Security and Safety
- All staff have to complete training in Child Protection and Health and Safety on a regular basis.
- All Staff and children are taken through the fire evacuation procedures and a regular fire drill is carried out.
- There is only one entrance to the site, and during the school day the main gate is locked. Security guards operate seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
You will be expected to report to security during the school day and wear a visitors badge on school premises. This is not expected at drop off and pick up times.
Play, Sport and PE
There are many opportunities for sport and physical activity during school hours and during our Extra Curricular Activities (ECA). Please encourage your child and support us in making sure they engage in these activities.
School Trips and Visits
There are many opportunities for trips and visits at Compass International School. We have a rigorous and robust process for ensuring safety and risk assessment through our Educational Visits policies, directed by our parent group Nord Anglia Education.
We have a designated EV Coordinator who assures the educational value of trips, as well as ensuring that the correct information is in place to allow the trip to go ahead.
Parents are asked to supply the school with a range of information before the child is cleared to participate in trips. This is to ensure we have the most up to date data for your child, and can respond quickly and appropriately in the unlikely event of an accident or emergency.