“One language set you in a corridor for life. Two languages opens every door along the way.” Frank Smith
At NAS Dubai we believe that languages are at the heart of learning. We acknowledge that language acquisition and development is crucial for exploring and sustaining cultural identity, personal development, and intercultural understanding.
It is our commitment to enable our young people to live, work and learn across national and cultural boundaries. We believe that multilingualism is a vital skill in the modern world.
We offer a personalised learning experience, which is appropriately differentiated to meet the needs of our school community. We provide both an advanced and second language programme for all five languages namely Arabic, French, German, Mandarin (Chinese) and Spanish, five of the official Languages of the United Nations.
Advanced Language Learning Curriculum at NAS Dubai
Our advanced programme caters for those who meet the following criteria:
- The language is the child’s mother-tongue
- One or both parents are speakers of the language
- The child has previously attended a school in the language; including attending a bi-lingual school
- The child has spent a number of years living in the country, where the language is spoken
- The child is gifted and talented and has an extremely high level of skill in the language
Our advanced programme offers language learning to children in order to retain a connection with their ‘home’ language and culture, as well as allowing children to be reintegrated into the education system of that country in the future
The advanced curriculum blends both the national curriculum for England and the respective curricula from France, Germany, China and Spain. The Arabic advanced curriculum is in accordance with KHDA (Dubai’s Governing Education Authority) requirements.