The British International School Houston is looking to appoint an outstanding Learning Support Assistant to inspire, challenge and support our youngest students in our new purpose built school.
This is an exciting time to join our community. We have just recently moved in to our new, state of the art facility. Thanks to our growth, we are looking for new colleagues who can support in our Early Years 0 (2 year olds) class.
Start Date: August 2017
Early Years Learning Support Assistants will adopt a collegiate approach, working as a team with the Early Years Teachers and the Director of Early Childhood at the school. Together, we support high quality care and effective education for children from 2 years old to the age of 5+.
The appointed LSA will embrace our approach which recognises the potential and ability of all children to communicate their understandings, inner thoughts and feelings in many different ways.
Qualifications and Requirements
- DFPS background check
- 18 years or older
- high school diploma or equivalent
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- previous experience working in an early childhood setting
- be able to provide two professional references
- be free of active tuberculosis
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties will include:
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures and compliance with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Child Care Licensing
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- The planning and preparation of learning engagements, to meet children's individual needs,
- Liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the team.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping of development records and observations.
- Positive management of children's behaviour in line with our positive behaviour management policy.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the learning environment and equipment.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes and, where appropriate, preparation of babies' bottles.
- Supporting with toileting and directing students with this in accordance to Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Child Care Licensing standards
- Willingness to develop and demonstrate understanding of the British Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and Reggio Emilia inspired pedagogy.
- Maintain consistently high standards and expectations in all that you do
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Director of Early Childhood.
In return for your passion in supporting our student’s quality education, we offer a competitive salary. Nord Anglia Education is an equal opportunities employer and observes and respects the laws, customs and cultures of the countries in which it operates.
If you would like to be a part of our school community, and have the right blend of experience, creativity, organisation and passion, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications should include a letter of application, CV and details of at least two professional references. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
At Nord Anglia Education, we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people can thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.