About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with campuses located across 28 countries in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia, India and the Middle East. Together, our 61 schools educate more than 61,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary school. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff and communities, and we inspire every child who attends a Nord Anglia Education school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible.
Every parent wants the best for their child — so do we. Nord Anglia Education schools deliver high quality, transformational education and ensure excellent academic outcomes by going beyond traditional learning. Our global scale enables us to recruit and retain world-leading teachers and to offer unforgettable experiences through global and regional events, while our engaging learning environments ensure all of our students love coming to school.
For more information, please visit www.nordangliaeducation.com.
NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION FAST FACTS
- Nord Anglia Education was founded in 1972
- Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation.
- Our global family of schools includes:
- 61 premium schools in 28 countries
- More than 61,000 students
- More than 12,500 teachers and support staff globally
- Total capacity of more than 83,000 school places
- Our schools educate students from pre-school to the end of secondary education (exact ages vary by school)
- The internationally respected curricula taught in our schools include the English National Curriculum, International Baccalaureate, American Curriculum, Swiss Curriculum and Maturité, French Curriculum and Baccalauréat, the Shanghai and Chinese National Curriculum, the International Early Years Curriculum, International Primary Curriculum and International Middle Years Curriculum.
We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that:
- There is no limit to what every student can achieve
- Creativity and challenge help us get better every day
- Learning should be personalised to each child
- Unique global opportunities enhance every student’s learning experience
We believe that being part of our family gives our schools a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
Highlights of our academic results for the 2017/18 academic year
IB Diploma Programme
- For the IBDP, our students achieved a 94% pass rate this year, topping the global average of 78.4%.
- Our average IB score was 33.1 points, compared to the global average of 29.8.
- Seven students earned a perfect score of 45 out of 45.
- For the IGCSE, 90.2% of our students’ grades were A* to C. This is significantly higher than the UK average of 66.9%.
- 50% of our IGCSE grades were A* or A, compared to the UK average of 20.5%.
- Nearly 85% of our students achieved five or more A* to C grades, including English and Maths.
- 18 schools achieved their best year of A* to C grades since joining our global family.
- 54.2% of scores in the Advanced Placement (AP) exams received a grade of 4 or 5 out of 5 — the highest scores available. Our average AP score of 3.6 outstrips the global average of 3.0.
- Our schools offering the Baccalauréat Français achieved a 100% pass rate. This includes a 125% increase in ‘mentions bien’ and a 50% increase in ‘mentions très bien’ from the year before.
- In the A levels, 67% of our students achieved A*/B scores.
Highlights of our 2018 Parent Survey
Responses surveyed from almost 14,000 parents in 52 schools, in 22 different languages.
- 93% of our parents say their school provides a stimulating learning environment for their child.
- 90% of parents say their child receives a high-quality education from their school.
- 91% of parents say their child has good relationships with their teachers.
- 95% of parents say their child feels safe at school.
- 94% say their child is happy at school.
- 91% say their child is developing social skills at school.
- 90% say their child is developing independence.
- 90% of parents would recommend their child’s school to others.
- 93% say their school informs them through regular updates.
- 98% of parents say their first contact with the school was positive and welcoming.
- 94% say the entry and admissions process was well organised.
Nord Anglia Education was founded in 1972 in the United Kingdom. The name Nord Anglia was chosen because of the company’s beginnings in the north of England. We initially offered learning services such as English as a foreign language classes and grew during the 1980s by opening full-scale nurseries and kindergartens. In 1992, we opened our first international school, the British School of Warsaw. In the 2000s, Nord Anglia Education began a strategic focus on premium international schools, with rapid growth in Asia, the Americas, China and across Europe and the Middle East. A truly international organisation, NAE now operates premium international schools worldwide. In July 2019, Nord Anglia Education will be relocating its headquarters from Hong Kong to London, enabling even stronger growth in the future.