About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education (NYSE: NORD) is the world's leading premium schools organisation. Our 55 international schools are located in China, Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia and the Americas. Together, they educate more than 50,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary education. We are driven by one unifying philosophy- we are ambitious for our students,our people and our family of schools.Our schools deliver a high quality education through a personalised approach enhanced with unique global opportunities to enable every student to succeed. Nord Anglia Education is headquartered in Hong Kong SAR, China. Our website is www.nordangliaeducation.com.
NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION FAST FACTS
Nord Anglia Education was founded in 1972
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation.
Our global family includes:
- 55 premium international schools.
- 45 locations in 25 countries.
- Total capacity of over 69,000 seats.
- More than 50,000 students.
- More than 10.000 teachers and central support staff globally.
- Our schools educate students from pre-school to the end of secondary education (exact ages vary by school).
- Curricula taught in our schools include the English National Curriculum, International Baccalaureate, American Curriculum, Swiss Curriculum, French Curriculum, and Shanghai National Curriculum.
We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that:
- There is no limit to what every student can achieve.
- Creativity and challenge help us get better every day.
- Learning should be personalised to each child.
- Unique global opportunities enhance every student’s learning experience.
The ‘Power of 54’
We believe that being part of our family gives our schools a special advantage – The Power of 54. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaboration with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and UNICEF.
Academic Results (2017)
Highlights across our family include:
- In 2017, one in three of our graduates goes on to attend one of the world’s top 100 universities, as ranked by QS World University Rankings.
- Our students' average score in the IB Diploma was 33.5, significantly ahead of the 2017 global average of 30 points.
- 12% of our students achieved 40 points and above. This is the level of attainment required to gain admission to the world's elite universities, such as Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard and Stanford.
- 46.2% of all IGCSE grades achieved by Nord Anglia Education students were at the highest levels of A* or A. This is more than double the 2017 UK average of 20%.
- The percentage of our students achieving A* - C grades ay GCSE/IGCSE is 88%, significantly outperforming the 2017 UK average of 66%.
- 37% of grades acheived at A level were A*-A. This is 11% higher than the 2017 UK average of 26% and 7% higher than last year.
- 46% of scores in the Advanced Placement (AP) exams received a grade of 4 or 5. This is higher than the global average of 39%. Our average AP score of 3.3 is higher than the global average has yet to be published.
- 11% of our students achieved the highest honour "Très Bien" in the Baccalaureate Français (BF). This is higher than the national average of 13.4%.
- Our students' pass rate for the Baccalaureate Français is 95%, significantly above the national pass rate of 88% in 2017.
Parent Survey Results (2016)
Highlights across our family include:
- 91% of parents would recommend our school.
- 95% of parents agree / strongly agree that their child is happy at school.
- 91% of parents agree / strongly agree that their child receives a high quality education from our school.
- 92% of parents agree / strongly agree that there is good relationship between teachers and their child.
- 89% of parents agree / strongly agree that their child is making good progress at school.
- 93% of parents agree / strongly agree that our school offers a stimulating learning environment for their child.
- 91% of parents agree / strongly agree that their child is developing social skills at school.
- 91% of parents agree / strongly agree that their child is developing independence at school