About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with campuses located across 30 countries in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia, India and the Middle East. Together, our 73 schools educate more than 67,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary school. We are driven by one unifying philosophy: we are ambitious for our schools, students, teachers, staff and communities, and we inspire every child who attends a Nord Anglia Education school to achieve more than they ever imagined possible.
Every parent wants the best for their child — so do we. Nord Anglia Education schools deliver high quality, transformational education and ensure excellent academic outcomes by going beyond traditional learning. Our global scale enables us to recruit and retain world-leading teachers and to offer unforgettable experiences through global and regional events, while our engaging learning environments ensure all of our students love coming to school.
NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION FAST FACTS
- Nord Anglia Education was founded in 1972
- Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation.
- Our global family of schools includes:
- 73 premium schools in 30 countries
- More than 67,000 students
- More than 13,500 teachers and support staff globally
- Our schools educate students from pre-school to the end of secondary education (exact ages vary by school)
- The internationally respected curricula taught in our schools include the English National Curriculum, International Baccalaureate, American Curriculum, Swiss Curriculum and Maturité, French Curriculum and Baccalauréat, the Shanghai and Chinese National Curriculum, the International Early Years Curriculum, International Primary Curriculum and International Middle Years Curriculum.
We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that:
- There is no limit to what every student can achieve
- Creativity and challenge help us get better every day
- Learning should be personalised to each child
- Unique global opportunities enhance every student’s learning experience
We believe that being part of our family gives our schools a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
Global academic results for the 2019/2020 school year:
- Our IB diploma pass rate was 97%
- Global point average of 34.5
- Six perfect 45 schools – including one from ICS!
- 1,386 IB candidates in total – 15.8% achieved 40 points and above
- 45% A*-A grades, an increase of 6% from last year
- Global pass rate of 98.5%, up from 97.5% in the previous year
- All but two of our schools offering the A-level curriculum achieved a pass rate of 100%
- 94% A*-C grades
- 55.6% A*-A grades
Nord Anglia Education was founded in 1972 in the United Kingdom. The name Nord Anglia was chosen because of the company’s beginnings in the north of England. We initially offered learning services such as English as a foreign language classes and grew during the 1980s by opening full-scale nurseries and kindergartens. In 1992, we opened our first international school, the British School of Warsaw. In the 2000s, Nord Anglia Education began a strategic focus on premium international schools, with rapid growth in Asia, the Americas, China and across Europe and the Middle East. A truly international organisation, NAE now operates premium international schools worldwide. In July 2019, Nord Anglia Education will be relocating its headquarters from Hong Kong to London, enabling even stronger growth in the future.
For more information, please visit www.nordangliaeducation.com.