About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education (NYSE: NORD) is the world's leading premium schools organisation. Our 56 international schools are located in China, Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia and the Americas. Together, they educate more than 51,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary education. We are driven by one unifying philosophy- we are ambitious for our students,our people and our family of schools.Our schools deliver a high quality education through a personalised approach enhanced with unique global opportunities to enable every student to succeed. Nord Anglia Education is headquartered in Hong Kong SAR, China. Our website is www.nordangliaeducation.com.
NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION FAST FACTS
Nord Anglia Education was founded in 1972
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation.
Our global family includes:
- 56 premium international schools in 27 countries.
- Total capacity of over 69,000 seats.
- More than 51,000 students.
- More than 10.000 teachers and central support staff globally.
- Total capacity of over 74.000 school places.
- Our schools educate students from pre-school to the end of secondary education (exact ages vary by school).
- Curricula taught in our schools include the English National Curriculum, International Baccalaureate, American Curriculum, Swiss Curriculum, French Curriculum, and Shanghai National Curriculum.
We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that:
- There is no limit to what every student can achieve.
- Creativity and challenge help us get better every day.
- Learning should be personalised to each child.
- Unique global opportunities enhance every student’s learning experience.
The ‘Power of 56’
We believe that being part of our family gives our schools a special advantage – The Power of 56. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaboration with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and UNICEF.
Academic Results (2018)
Highlights across our family include:
IB Diploma Programma
- For the IBDP, our students achieved a 94% pass rate this year, topping the global average of 78,4%.
- Our average IV score was 33.1 points, compared to the global average of 29.8.
- Seven students earned a perfect score of 45 put of 45.
- For the I/GCSE, 90.2% of our students´ grades were A* to C. This is significantly higher than the UK average of 66.9%
- 50% of our I/GCSE grades were A* or A, compared to the UK average of 20,5%.
- Nearly 85% of our students achieved five or more A* to C grades, including English and Maths.
- 18 school achieved their best year of A* to C grades since joining our global family.
- 54,2% of scores in the Advanced Placement (AP) exams received a grade of 4 or 5 out of 5 – The highest scores available. Our average AP score of 3.6 outstrips the global average of 3.0.
- Our schools offering the Baccalauréat Français achieved a 100% pass rate. This includes a 125% increase in “mentions bien” and a 50% increase in “mentions très bien” from the year before.
- In the A levels, 67% of our students achieved A*/B scores.
Parent Survey Results (2018)
Highlights across our family include:
- 93% of our parents say their school provides a stimulating learning environment for their chid
- 90% of parents say this child receives a high-quality education from their school.
- 91% of parents say their child has good relationships with their teachers.
- 95% of parents say their child feels safe at school.
- 94% say their child is happy at school.
- 91% say their child is developing social skills at school.
- 90% say their child is developing independence.
- 90% of parents would recommend their child´s school to others.
- 93% say their school informs them through regular updates.
- 98% of parents say their first contact with the school was positive and welcoming.
- 94% say the entry and admissions process was well organised.