ICS students are not expected to wear a formal school uniform. We do, however, have a standard school physical education uniform (sports kit) that your child is expected to wear for sports activities.
Our sports kit is expected to be worn for physical education activities from Infants to Grade 10 inclusive.
Sports kits may be purchased online only via the link below.
PHE Uniform Website to order online
PHE Sports Kit Regulations 2019/2020
Below please find a list of guidelines regarding the correct use of the PHE uniform at ICS Madrid which is obligatory on PHE days for Infants to Grade 10 inclusive.
The following rules must be adhered to by each student when wearing the PHE kit: Females can choose between the skort (skirt with shorts) or normal shorts in the summer and must use the long trouser version in the winter.
• There is also an option to wear the skort with a navy blue long legging underneath, in the winter if need be. These navy blue leggings must be plain navy blue and not patterned.
• A long-sleeved plain navy blue t-shirt can be worn under the official t-shirt.
• Sports shoes must always be worn. Types such as Converse, Victoria’s and sandals are not allowed for health and safety reasons.
• Skort regulations:
- The skort must be worn always in a position which is covering the buttocks.
- If the skort does not cover the thighs in a discrete manner the normal shorts, the long trousers or navy blue leggings (always underneath the skort) must be worn.
Sanctions for not wearing the correct PHE uniform:
• Primary students will be reprimanded the first time, and then a note to the parents will be sent on future occasions.
• Secondary students will receive a penalty when they do not wear the full ICS uniform as stated above.
These sanctions are different for Primary and Secondary students because of the respective reporting systems in place.