Health and Safety Update 31.01.20
A big thank you for your patience during this difficult time. I am sending an update on procedures in place and an overview of how the week has gone.
- no one enters the school building before having their temperature checked including; cleaners, guards, caterers and all third party contractors
- guards will take temperatures up to 7.15am, all entrances into the building will then be manned by staff from 7.15 till 8am and from 8.00am guards and front desk staff will take over
- temperatures are taken during the day and anyone over 37.5 is sent to the nurse who will ring home, similarly if they have a cough
- students and staff can wear masks as a preference and school has provided administration staff with them
- dettol is being used every day for all surfaces
- deep cleaning and UV treatment will take place again this weekend
- we continue to follow WHO, iSOS and MOH advice
- staff ringing home to confirm reason for absence
- record is being kept of absence reasons and students who have been sent home with a temperature
- decisions about trips are taken on a case by case basis
OVERVIEW OF WEEK
Following morning temperature checks, three students and one parent has been sent home. This shows families are already keeping students at home if they suspect they have a temperature. There have been between 240 and 260 students absent this week. Parents have kept us informed and we have appreciated the fact that families have taken our procedures to heart.
Please note it is now stated that the virus is not limited to the Wuhan and the Hebei province but the whole of China. Please continue to be vigilant, if you have travelled back from mainland China please self-quarantine for the stated 14 days.
I wish everyone a safe weekend.