Accreditation is important to us as it is our way of demonstrating that we are committed to providing a high quality of international education to our parents, students and staff. It also ensures that we are continually improving and keeping up with leading international education standards. Regents meets and exceeds local and international standards with all of the following accrediting bodies:
- Education Development Trust – authorised by the Department for Education in England to inspect British International Schools overseas that offer a UK curriculum. Their inspection process means we can demonstrate our education standards are comparable to independent schools standards in the UK.
- International Baccalaureate – we are a fully authorised school offering the Diploma Programme, a process which typically takes between two to three years. IBDP students receive a unique education developing strong academic, social and emotional characteristics and are more likely to enroll at top universities.
- Nord Anglia Education – as part of the Nord Anglia family we are assessed using their Quality Assurance Framework covering three key areas; assessing academic, social and personal outcomes; improving those outcomes and being well-managed. Our Be Ambitious philosophy is also reflected in this assessment process being at the core of everything we do.
- Boarding Standards Association – based in the UK this association represents member boarding schools, offers training for staff and promotes both independent and state boarding schools
- Round Square – part of a network of schools in 40 countries that all share a passion for learning based on the six IDEALS of Internationalism, Democracy, Environment, Adventure, Leadership and Service. Together we can ensure students have every opportunity to achieve beyond their perceived limits through a range of experiences, activities, collaborative projects and challenges. This is indeed an opportunity beyond the ordinary for our students and we are the only Round Square school in this area.
- Thailand – of course all local and national requirements are met
In addition, we are carrying out a new British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection in May 2018 and we are registered with the Council of International Schools.
Regents is a fully accredited school, a process which typically takes a number of years to achieve. It means we are assessed both by Nord Anglia and externally by highly respected and recognised authorities, so that our standards of professionalism in all aspects of education are met internationally by accepted frameworks and benchmarks. For our students, parents and staff it means we can all be confident that we offer opportunities beyond the ordinary, academic success and no limits to what can be achieved. A true reflection of our Be Ambitious philosophy and something for us all to be proud of.
Ms Sarah Osborne-James