This week at school we have shared with our teachers the full plan of all local and global opportunities available to students and teachers. These experiences have been carefully planned and are available through our Global Campus and Round Square connections. Our Global Campus helps students explore the world, learn new skills and set their sights higher, developing a truly international perspective.
Here is a highlight of some of the local and global experiences on offer this academic year:
- National Outdoor Education trips – Opportunities for each year group in Secondary to participate in Outdoor Education, in the local beautiful area.
- Local pedagogical trips linked to the curriculum – Opportunities for Primary to participate in Outdoor Education (day trips and longer trips in upper Primary)
- Bangkok ServICE Conference – January 2018 – For students with an interest in service and the environment. This is a huge event for students and staff to Inspire, Connect and Empower. The conference is a great event which we hosted in 2015 and is focused on learning and networking for all.
- Bunbury Round Square Conference - April 2018 – Round Square conference in Western Australia.
- Bangkok Globally Accessible Conference - April 2018 - This will take place at Regents Bangkok, lasting around 4 days and will be a regular RS Conference
- Tanzania Service Expedition - March 2018 – this will involve a Service project at Lake Natron in Tanzania.
- Tanzania Kilimanjaro Expedition leader - March 2018 –This expedition will involve the climbing of Mt Kilimanjaro. A good level of fitness, some mountain or trekking experience would be an advantage.
- MIT STEAM Festival Staff Leader - May 2018 – 4 students to attend MIT, the start of our collaboration.
- STEAM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT at MIT - June 2018 (4 staff) This is a staff only trip, and those going should also expect to be heavily involved with and run STEAM events linked to the Global Campus over the coming year and beyond.
- Les Martinets trekking expedition - June 2018 to Les Martinets in Switzerland
- Les Martinets Alpine skills course - June / July 2018 Depending on uptake, there may be a second expedition running to Les Martinets, that will focus on alpine skills. Mountain or climbing experience would be an advantage.
- Juilliard Dance PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT at Juilliard NY - August 2018 Juilliard Dance will commence at Regents in August 2018.
- Drama PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT at Juilliard NY - March 2018 Juilliard Drama will commence at Regents in August 2018.
- Skiing Trip to Japan March 2018 – Learn a new skill or develop your skiing!
- Round Square International Service Project – Vietnam - December 2017 - Ages 16+
- Round Square International Service Project – Ecuador - July 2018 – Ages 16+
- Round Square Week - 18-22 June 2018
Information will be shared shortly on how and when students can apply for these various events and activities.
I personally have just landed in Geneva, Switzerland to participate in our annual Nord Anglia Education, Senior Leadership Team conference. This will be my third conference and one that has always been truly inspirational. This is the only time of the year when all Principals come together to collaborate, share and celebrate our achievements. Being part of a global family, simply feels good, you feel the sense of belonging to something big and powerful. I have colleagues around the world who support and help me, who I can learn from and who are facing the same challenges as we seek for the best learning experience in our schools.
We are so lucky to have so many opportunities for our students and staff to grow, share and unite.