DCIS is full of talent and we are really excited to launch Dover’s Got Talent, our brand new platform for students to share their talents. This project will launch in January, so students have time over the holiday to choose their performance and practise their act.
The contest is open to all students from Year 3 upwards. Talents can include – but are not limited to – singing, dancing, gymnastics, acting, comedy sketch, magic tricks or playing a musical instrument. See below for more details.
Please note the following regarding auditions:
- Students must be Year 3 upwards.
- Each act should not exceed three minutes in length.
- Students may wear a costume but it should reflect our school’s dress code. Please refer to our Parent Handbook and Student Code of Conduct for further details.
- Students should have their music available on USB or burned to a CD, and ready at the time of audition.
- Singers may not lip-sync or sing along with a recorded voice – please use karaoke style voiceless tracks only.
- Students may audition for only one act.
- Unfortunately parents are not allowed for the first round of auditions but are welcome to attend the final performance.
- The first round of auditions will be held next term on Friday January 13th within class.
- Each class will vote for their two representatives and these students will go forward to Round 2. In Round 2, students will be invited to record their performance in our TV studio. The recordings will be completed by the end of January.
- These videos will then be shared and available for viewing and voting. The final winners will be announced on Friday 10th February and they will get to perform at a celebration assembly on March 3rd. Their recording will be shared and displayed on our TV screens around the school.
We encourage all students to get involved and we really look forward to celebrating the many talents we have right here at DCIS.
Please direct any questions to Ms McKernan at email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Eimear McKernan
10D Form Tutor
Secondary School Business and L & T Teacher
Red Dot Radio Lead