Our school admissions process is outlined in the steps below. Through our admissions process, our friendly and caring team works hard to understand your child and their needs in order to best support their transition to our school. Whether your family is currently in Vietnam, or you're enrolling your child from abroad, a member of our Admissions Team is always available should you have any queries or need assistance with any stage of the process.
STEP 1 - PRE-ADMISSION INFORMATION
Please provide the following information for the Applicant:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Expected date of admission
Following this, the school will confirm the Year Group and availability.
STEP 2 - SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM AND FEES
All items below can be delivered to the school or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Admission Application Form (scroll to bottom of the page to download this form or access the link to apply online)
- 2 current passport photographs
- Passport or birth certificate (copy)
- Most recent school records translated into English for Years 1-12 (as applicable)
- SEN assessment documentation (if applicable)
- Physical Evaluation signed by a doctor
- Immunisation Record (copy)
- Bus Service Request Form (if required)
- Payment of Application Fee (in Vietnamese Dong or by Bank Transfer)
STEP 3 - OTHER TESTING INFORMATION OR REPORTS
- It is required that applicants sit an Entrance Assessment before being offered a place.
- The school may request examination certificates, school reports, recommendations or a transcript.
- Where English is a second language, pupils will need to sit an EAL assessment administered by a member of the EAL team.
- If the student is studying outside Ho Chi Minh City and is unable to take the Entrance Assessment at our school, testing may be arranged remotely if the existing school agrees to administer the tests on behalf of BIS HCMC.
- Applicants may also be required to attend an oral interview with the Head of EAL, Deputy Head of Campus and/or Head of Campus prior to acceptance.
- Placement is subject to availability and therefore applicants are encouraged to submit all application documents as soon as possible in order to minimise the possibility of being waitlisted.
STEP 4 - OFFER OF PLACEMENT
BIS HCMC issues a formal Letter of Offer.
STEP 5 - NEXT STEPS
- Payment of Registration Fee - (one time only payment which guarantees the place for the student) - payable within 2 weeks from date of issue.
- Payment of Refundable Security Deposit and Tuition Fee - payable prior to student commencing school.