Teachers Day - Friday, November 22nd
To thank our teachers and all the staff at school, PTG has once again organised an appreciation luncheon on Friday 22nd November. This is an opportunity for you to show your gratitude towards the teachers who strive year after year to bring out the best in our children.
Parents are requested to sign up on the link here to bring, if possible, their most popular or favourite home-cooked meals for teachers to enjoy and feel the love.
To help with planning we would like to make the following suggestions:
- Year 7-9 families: Vegetarian Appetizers & Dishes
- Year 10&11 families: Non Vegetarian Dishes
- Year 12&13: Salads & Desserts
Please note that these are only general suggestions and you are welcome to share any dishes you like. Lunch will be served in the Secondary Auditorium during the Teachers’ Lunch break, from 12.30pm to 1.15pm, and we would like all dishes to be delivered to the school before 12.15pm to prepare the buffet.
- Date: Friday 22nd November
- Time: 12.30 to 1.15pm
- Delivery time: 10.30 to 12.15pm
- Location: Secondary Auditorium
The PTG has a variety of activities on this month which we would like to invite you to:
Novelicious Book Club - Tuesday 12th November
Novelicious – the PTG Book Club, will be holding their second get together this month in the Curve at the Secondary Campus on Tuesday 12th November where we will be discussing this month’s book: 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World by Elif Shafak.
- Date: Tuesday 12th November
- Time: 11am
- Location: The Curve, Secondary Campus
- Book Club Coordinator: Huma Jaudat at email@example.com.
JR France Group Manufacturers Tour - Thursday 14th November
We will be holding our first Manufacturers Tour, with a bus trip to the JR France Group manufacturing facility in Dong Nai Province on Thursday 14th November. Register soon as limited seats available. JR France Group is a French manufacturer of leather bags and accessories that creates products for other designers.
- Date: Thursday 14th November 2019
- Time: 8.30am to 12.30pm
- Venue: Meet at Secondary Campus to catch the bus.
- Registration: At the Secondary Campus Reception
M.O.M Cooking Class - Thursday 28th November
Then, just before the end of the month we will have another cooking class adventure. This time travelling to M.O.M. Cooking School in District 1 for Vietnamese Cooking lessons and a market tour. See below for details.
- Date: Thursday 28th November 2019
- Time: 8.15am to 1.30pm
- Venue: Meet at Secondary Campus to catch the bus
- Tour details: Half-day to be a local: from 8:30AM – 9:15AM for purchasing ingredients around local market named Cau Muoi, then hands-on cooking from 9:30AM-12:30PM.
- Menu: Pork and Prawn Rice paper roll, Deep-fried pumpkin flower with stuffed fish cakes and Stir fry Lemon Grass and Chilli chicken
- Registration and Cost: 650.000VND/pax please pay at the Secondary Campus Reception before Tuesday 26thNovember. There are limited spaces, so remember to book early.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact Gayatri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas BISzaar 2019 - Saturday 7th December
Our biggest annual event, the British International School Christmas 'BISzaar' will be held on Saturday 7th December at BIS Secondary.
Your participation in any which way would be greatly appreciated, 'Many Hands Make Light Work'.
Please sign up here if you or your friends can spare a bit of time to give a helping hand. We promise you will have an experience to cherish always as well as make your children feel proud