Health and Safety
NEW SWIPE CARDS
We have updated your child’s photograph on swipe cards for our existing children. New families in Term 1, 2020 already have a recent photograph and will not be issued new cards. Your existing cards will be deactivated from Saturday 7th November 2020.
The arrangements to collect new cards is outlined below:-
- From Monday 2nd November 2020 - Friday 6th November 2020
- 7.45am - 8.15am can collect from the table at Gate C
- 2.30pm - 3pm can collect from the table next to the Sports Pitch
- Bring your 2 swipe cards back to exchange (if you have lost a card you will need to pay 100,000 for a replacement card).
If these times are not convenient then you need to make an appointment with our receptionist by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 3636 0055.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact Ms Sarah.
At this time of year there are a lot of coughs and colds in the community. It is a decision every parent faces regularly: whether or not to keep a sick child home from school. If your child is sick, of course they shouldn’t go to school. Sometimes the decision is clear: your child looks awful and you can’t imagine sitting them up, let alone sending them anywhere. However, sometimes children don’t look so bad and the decision is less obvious.
Please keep your child at home if they exhibit any of the following symptoms;
- A persistent cough, heavy cold symptoms, or another common but contagious illness.
- Your child has had any episode/s of vomiting/ diarrhoea in the previous 12-24 hours.
- They should remain at home for at least 24 hours from the last episode of vomiting and at least 48 hours from the last episode of diarrhoea.
- If they have a temperature greater than 37.7°C (99.8°F) when they first wake up in the morning. They can return to school when they have been fever free (without fever relieving medications) for at least 24 hours.
For the wellbeing of our school community, if your child is unwell or sick overnight or when they wake in the morning they should be kept at home until they are rested and symptom free for at least 24 hours (48 hours for Diarrhoea).
More information can be found in our Parent Handbook please click here or contact me email@example.com
Just a reminder that all children should wear a mask to and from school, and when not in the classroom (moving between classrooms, playtime, etc.). Please make sure the mask is named and that your child has a spare in their bag.
Children should be bringing a water bottle to school every day as part of their usual routine, but it is all the more important during the current coronavirus pandemic. Please make sure that your child brings their water bottle, with their name clearly on it, every day.
If for any reason your child is absent from school, we ask for you to inform the class teacher and email reception firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also inform the receptionists via telephone from 7:30am on the morning of absence. If your child usually takes the school bus, we would also ask for you to also inform Ms Trang, our bus manager, via email at Trang.Pham@bisvietnam.com
When calling reception please use the telephone number:
• Early Years and Infants (EY&I) – 028 3636 0055
The community choir rehearsals are back this week. Rehearsals are at 7am on Thursdays in the Secondary Theatre and at 1.15pm in the Junior Campus Multi-purpose room. All staff and parents welcome. Here is a link to the website with details of forthcoming performances and music we will sing.
We look forward to welcoming F2 parents into school next week for the first of our Stay Play and Learn All Together (SPLAT) sessions. These provide an opportunity for parents to gain a fuller understanding of how their children play and learn inside the classroom, in the Early Learning Centre (ELC) and in the outdoor area. As with all events in school, we need parents to sign up before the day. If you have not done so already, please check Seesaw for a link to the sign-up form.
Wishing you a relaxing and enjoyable weekend,
Head of the Early Years and Infant Campus