The PTA Charity team is organising a collection for items that you no longer need but are still in good, usable condition. This is a chance to clear out before Christmas and help people in need. The collections are planned to be:
* at Limanowskiego on Wednesday the 5th of December at drop off (7:30 am to 8:30 am) and at pick up (2:30 pm to 4:30 pm)
* at Dabrowskiego on Tuesday the 11th of December at drop off (8:30 am to 9:30 am)
These items will be donated to three causes. If you have donations for more than one charity/ cause, please separate your donations and clearly label the bags. Please see below the details of these causes and what they need. They are all very worthy beneficiaries.
* Bread of Life (www.breadoflife.pl). They accept donations of everything except out of season clothes as they have nowhere to store them.
* Public children's hospital in Olsztyn. Here is a list of the specific needs that the hospital has asked us to kindly donate:
For parents/cares staying in the hospital:
- chairs (plastic/upholstered), foldable beds, armchairs
- electric kettles, microwaves, coffee machines, dishes (plates, cups, cutlery [no pots or pans]), TVs
- any size blankets for adults and children, pillows (no bed linen)
- electric blankets
- baby food warmers
- table and chairs, black board (a standing one, not to hang on a wall)
- toys, board games,
- drawing boards (marker),
- crayons, markers, pens,
- colouring books, drawing blocks/pads
- sweets as it’s the Christmas season
* Hospice in Warsaw (http://mokotowskiehospicjum.pl/). The hospice needs donations of food, hygiene items, clothing and footwear (all ages), rehabilitation equipment, home appliances, computer and office equipment and furniture.
For large pieces of furniture and appliances, we can put you in touch with the charity, hospital or hospice to arrange transport. Please email us on charities for contact details or any other questions. Thank you for your continued generosity.
Chair of PTA