OUR GRADUATING IGCSE STUDENTS
We’d also like to recognise the outstanding achievements of our Year 10 and 11 students who have completed their IGCSE courses this year. BISS Puxi pupils have a track record of success in their IGCSEs, and this year 67% of all grades awarded were A/A* or equivalent – the very highest grades at this level. We are proud of this cohort who have upheld a record of six consecutive years at this level of success. That’s important to us all as it provides inspiration to learners who see the success of older students before them; for teachers knowing the keys to unlock success in their subjects and for parents having the confidence that BISS pupils enjoy sustained academic success in their educational journey with us. Here are a few extra facts about this year’s amazing year group ...
- 67% of all the grades awarded to BISS Puxi students were A or A* this year
- 65% of our students achieved 5 or more A or A* grades in their IGCSE subjects
- 100% of our Mandarin Foreign Language students attained A or A*
- 100% of our Modern Foreign Languages pupils achieved A or A*
- 100% of our Mathematics students reached A/A* or B
- 86% of our Sports Science pupils attained an A or A*
- 83% of our History students were awarded an A or A*
- 86% of our Media Studies students A to A*
Congratulations to all of our pupils for such impressive results, with a special mention to Katniss Min and Anthony Li, who both were awarded 11 A*s at IGCSE level; a remarkable achievement. A further five pupils achieved 10 A*s at IGCSE level – so a special mention also to Jocelyn Chok, Azaliia Kaibysheva, Helena Tang Nygaard, Joey Wee and Chanel Zong. Many of these students began their educational journey with BISS in our Primary School and I wish them every success as they move into the IB Diploma Programme.
Like our parents too, staff and supporting colleagues are proud of our students; the commitment that they’ve shown in their learning pathways at BISS and the onward journeys that they are taking, either at universities or here on our IB Diploma Programme.