They have been showing a short presentation about the Global Classroom and telling everyone how they can get involved in all the different activities that are on offer.
What is the Global Classroom?
- Somewhere you can work with thousands of students on a range of interesting subjects
- A place for you to learn, discuss, share and challenge yourself
- Somewhere you can learn from experts, online courses and discussions with others from all around the world.
- A place for only our Nord Anglia Education Students
- A safe and secure space
They have also been handing out Global Classroom passports to everyone. The children will use these passports throughout the year.
Stacy in 5U, one of the Global Classroom councillors, says:
"This week has gone really well, I really like being the student councillor for Global Classroom. Every morning during registration Bo and I have presented to each class in Year 5 about the Global Classroom and given out the GC passports. You could visit the website and the more places you visit the more stamps you can get. This week our homework is to visit the Global Classroom to get used to using it. You can see lots of things on the Global classroom and you can share ideas with other children in Nord Anglia. It’s all moderated so we are safe."
What are the passports for?
- They are a fun way to share what you’ve been up to online.
- You will gain a stamp when you’ve explored the different locations.
- Collect all 21 stamps to achieve ‘The Global Classroom Star Award’!
- The more you get involved, and the more areas you visit, the more stamps you collect!
There will be a Global Classroom Lunch Club held in the primary computer room on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 12:50 – 1:20pm, which everyone is welcome to attend. This is a chance for children to spend time using the Global Classroom, with Mr Broadbent there to support if needed.
Well done to the Global Classroom councillors for helping to spread the excitement about the passports and we hope all the students make the most of them and enjoy using them over the year.