The secondary school play is an opportunity for students to be involved in a near professional style production and show universities and potential employees that they have skills beyond the academic classroom: creativity, confidence and team work.
The chosen play this year is 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' and although it will be performed using the traditional language, the production will be brought into the 21st Century with its use of stylised dancing, atmospheric music and eerie lighting.
Although we will also be looking for a backstage crew team, we are initially holding auditions for the cast and are looking for a range of students: those who are highly adept at comedy, those more interested in serious roles as well as female dancers.
Auditions will be conducted in a workshop manner, where you will be asked to participate in drama games, short improvisation tasks and be asked to rehearse a scene from the play with a partner. You can find all the information about audition times, performance dates and characters below.
So what have you got to lose? Turn up, go for it and of course...break a leg!
Auditions will take place next week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 3:35pm – 4:25pm in the Studio Theatre, Room S209.
Tuesday 9 September: Year 10 – Year 13 Female Auditions
Wednesday 10 September: Year 7 – Year 9 Female Auditions
Thursday 11 September: Year 7 – Year 13 Male Auditions
- In order to audition you must be able to attend all the rehearsals and the performances.
- You do not need to prepare anything for auditions. Simply arrive.
- Please think about which characters you would prefer to play as you will be asked in the audition. Ask Ms Kane for details of all the characters.
- You will not be required to sing in the audition. Males will not be required to dance either, but females will be asked to do a small amount.
- If you are required for a call back this will take place at lunch time and you will be sent an email – so please check them daily.
- The cast list should be posted by the end of the day on Friday 12 September.
- Monday 9 March, 6.30pm – 9.30pm (Dress Rehearsal)
- Tuesday 10 March, 1.45pm (Matinee Performance for Primary School)
- Wednesday 11 March, 7pm
- Thursday 12 March, 7pm
- Friday 13 March, 7pm