Try this quiz to see how much water you use in a day and how you can reduce this.
To prepare for World Water Day there will be a few activities happening from now and building up to World Water Day. These will be:
- Water Facts on the Daily Bulletin – be shocked at the statistics and get empowered to do something about it.
- Signing of the BISS Eco-friendly proposal – sign up and agree to working together to make our school a more Eco-friendly place.
- Class/Tutor Time quizzes/activities to raise awareness of the importance of water and why we shouldn’t waste it.
- KS3 Geography & Science lessons based on ‘Water’
- Water bottles and sticker sale – The production of water bottles uses 17 million gallons of oil a year! It takes three times the water to make the bottle as it does to fill it! Even if the bottles are recycled – this also takes up water!
Buy a water bottle and stickers to personalize your bottle.Stop the waste!
- Design a logo – this will be transformed into a sticker which will be sold to raise money for Water Aid.
- Blue Day - dress up in blue in support of Water Aid on World Water Day.
- Plastic bottle art – make everyone aware of how many plastic bottles are wasted at school in a week by adding any plastic bottles used/found to this collaborative artwork.
- THIRST - The NGO will present a KS3 assembly
Learn more about the work of Water Aid here. Please speak to Mr Grocott, Ms Coong or Ms Fisher if you would like to get more involved and help with this. Maybe you would like to bake blue items for a blue bake sale during World Water Day or you would like to inspire others to sign the Eco-friendly proposal or you have some other ideas to raise awareness of World Water Day! Everyone can do their bit and get involved!