EYS Sports Day Pre-Nursery, Nursery, Reception Tuesday 26 April (9.00-11.00) at Primary School Playground and Field. All children will take part in each activity which is part of a short circuit, including rest stops. The activities will involve fine and gross motor skills, not to mention working as a team. Activities are designed to help the pupils have fun whilst doing exercise.
- Our school trip to the Fire station is taking place on Wednesday 20th April. Please ensure that your child is in school by 8:45, as we will leave at 9am.
- We are going through so much recycled materials in our creative areas. Please send in any cereal boxes, bottles, yoghurt pots… your rubbish is our treasure!
- Term 3 Second Hand Uniform Sale 3.00pm – 4.30pm on Monday 25 April in the Gallery.
In preparation for our trip to the fire station, we will be discussing fire drills. Why do we have a fire drill in our schools or work place? What do we do during a drill? Should we hide if there is a fire or go outside and why? This will provide the children with the opportunity to not only practise our fire drill but also to understand the importance of it. Do you have a fire drill at work- talk to your child about your experiences.
On the days prior to our trip the children will be encouraged to think about the trip and consider questions that they will ask the Firefighters when we arrive. Children will be encoruaged to draw and write their questions down so that they can remember them on the day.
Key Vocabulary: Question, What? Why? Where? How? Who?.
Expressive Arts & Design
On returning from our trip and the days following, the children will be stimulated to talk about what they seen at the fire station. Children will be encouraged to create representations of their reflectionsin a variety of forms. Children may paint, draw, or create any aspect of the trip that stood out to them the most. What was your favourite part? How big was the fire engine?
Key Vocabulary: How? What? Big, small,touch, see.
Op de kinderboerderij is iedereen blij. Ze hebben er een geitje bij! Mik gaat kijken en we gaan langs alle boerderijdieren. We hinniken als paarden, kakelen mee met de kip en bekijken alle jonge dieren op de kinderboerderij.
Theme: Different Cars 不同的车
- Fire Engine 消防车之歌 (xiao fang che zhi ge)
- Watering Car in City 城市洒水车 (cheng shi sa shui che)
- Listen To The Sounds of Different Cars
- Make a Fire Engine Paper Craft
- Role Play Games
- Matching Games
Key Words: Fire Engine 消防车 ( xiao fang che) ; Police Car 警车 (jing che ) ; Ambulence 救护车 (jiu hu che); Watering Car 洒水车 (sa shui che); Engineering Truck工程车(gong cheng che)