The show will go on! Come rain, hail or shine, this Saturday’s Garden Party will take place as scheduled from 1pm-4pm. We are well prepared with a wet weather plan so all the fun can continue and you can expect to have a great time regardless of the weather. We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.Get those hats and shields ready and come and join the party!
- School holiday – school will be closed Friday 29th and will open again Tuesday 3rd May.
- School trip – You will have now received the information about our up coming trip to the local flower shop. If you would like to join us please let your class teacher or room parent know.
- We are going through so much recycled materials in our creative areas. Please send in any cereal boxes, bottles, yoghurt pots… your rubbish is our treasure!
- EYS Sports Day Pre-Nursery, Nursery, Reception
Tuesday 26 April (9.00-11.00) Primary School Playground and Field
All children will take part in each activity which is part of a short circuit, including rest stops. The activities will involve fine and gross motor skills, not to mention working as a team. Activities are designed to help the pupils have fun whilst doing exercise.
- Term 3 Second Hand Uniform Sale 3.00pm – 4.30pm on Monday 25 April in the Gallery.
Next week is a very busy week! We are all excited about the coming sports day which we hope you can all join. We will be practising eight games:
- Beanbag throw
- Target practice
- Tamaere (throwing balls into an umberella)
- Beanbag balance
- Sponge race (moving water from one bucket to the next)
- Foot ball (penalty practice)
- Egg and spoon race
Why not practise some of these over the weekend? You could have a race with friends or try and beat your mum and dad by throwing your beanbag the furthest!
PERSONAL, SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Team work is a huge part of this week. The children have been talking about how they can cheer on others and how we can work as a team. As part of this we will be making ‘stone soup’.
Please could you provide your child with a vegetable for our very special soup on Monday. Stone soup is a story which tells of a very poor village where the villagers have very little to eat. When a travelling family stops by and asks for some help and food the villagers say they have nothing to give. The traveller has a ‘magic stone’ that he says will create something amazing if they all add something to it. Each villager adds a vegetable and together they create a delicious soup!
As we begin to talk about vegetables and growth we thought it would be a great idea to ask the children to work together to create something new. Would the soup taste as good without your friends vegetables? Making a healthy soup links nicely into sports day too as we need to be fit and strong to work hard in all our races!
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
We have lots of new flowers and herbs to plant this week. The children will support us in creating new and exciting gardens in our outdoor area. We will discuss how we care for these plants, the best way to plant them and of course explore the roots, stems and leaves.
Key Vocabulary: plant, grow, leaves, leaf, flower, roots, stem, soil, water, light.
Deze week brengen we onze huisdieren naar de klas. We zorgen voor onze poes, de hond, het konijn en de goudvis. Wat kunnen we deze dieren voeren? Waar moeten we heen als de poes ziek is?
De poes is zoek en we zoeken de poes. Zit de poes in, onder, op of achter de doos?
Theme: Sports Day运动会
- I Love Sports我爱运动 (wo ai yun dong)
- Sports Day For Monkeys小猴运动会 (xiao hou yun dong hui )
- Sports Day 小小运动会（xiao xiao yun dong hui）
- Balloon Game 气球游戏
- Ball Games 球类游戏
Running 跑步 ( pao bu), swimming 游泳 (you yong), football 足球 (zu qiu), basketball 篮球 lan qiu), tennis网球(wang qiu).