The outdoor environment is an important part of our provision in Early Years, and we are keen to encourage all children to participate in outdoor wet weather activities . Please ensure that your child has suitable clothing for rainy days. Wellies and a raincoat are ideal. These can be kept in school in their basket. Do remember to name everything – thank you!
- Children may bring in their own bedding for sleep time.This will be sent home every Friday for washing.
- Security: Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for end of the day pick up.
- Lunch : If your child has been registered and leaves school after 9.30 Sleto will still charge for lunch unless they know in advance. Please email email@example.com if you know your child will not be in school for lunch by 9.30 so that you are not charged.
- Every class has their own cub, Freddie the fox, Prince the panther, Winnie the wolf and Marley the Meerkat and each week we will send these cubs home to spend the weekend with one of our children. What fun activities will you get up too? We would like you to document them in the special class cub book. This is a fantastic talking point for the children as they feel real pride when looking through the book. It is a great opportunity for the children to share their home life with their school friends.
Over the coming weeks our big learning theme will be ‘Animals’. This is going to be extremely exciting and we know that the children have shown great interest in this area! We are going to start of by investigating ‘Jungle Animals’and introduce some jungle animals using a range of books as a stimuli. One of the books will be ‘Walking in the Jungle’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhZjNXEJe9Y Please share it with your child and enjoy spotting some of the animals that are hiding in the Jungle!
Key Vocabulary: jungle, trees, animals, habitat, leaves, lion, elephant, snake
PERSONAL SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
As the children are becoming more accustomed to the class routines and finding ownership over the space, it is important for us to talk to the children about how we respect our belongings and our classroom. Do they know where to put there things? How do we look after the activities in the rooms? What do we do during tidy up time?
Key vocabulary : tidy up time, clean up, look after
EXPRESSIVE ARTS AND DESIGN
To better research our jungle animals we need to provide the children with a stimulating environment. To do this we are going to ask the children to help us create our very own jungle within the Nursery unit. What materials will we need to create this? How will we stick them together? Which materials work best for the job? The children will need to put on their thinking caps and become very creative!
Het circus komt naar de Nederlandse klas! In de circuskaravaan zien we clowns, acrobaten, goochelaars en leeuwentemmers. We lezen het boek ‘Anna in het circus’ en transformeren onze klas in een heuse circustent.
Prettige vakantie gewenst!
Elke woensdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. De kinderen mogen een Nederlands boek uitkiezen. Dit boek kan een week gehouden worden. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
We are going to talk about “Jungle Animals” this week.
Songs: Two Tigers 两只老虎（liang zhi lao hu）
Stories: 小熊拔牙（xiao xiong ba ya）
Key Words: jungle animals 丛林动物 (cong lin dong wu); snake蛇(she); elephant 大象 (da xiang) ; gorilla 猩猩 ( xing xing ) , crocodile 鳄鱼 (e yu ) ; bear 熊 (xiong); lion狮子 (shi zi)