Thank you for all you support over the first term and we look forward to seeing everyone refreshed in the New Year for more exciting experiences.
- Please could you take some photos of your child enjoying the Christmas holiday and send them to your child’s class teacher via email before 6th January. These will provide a visual prompt to support our teaching and learning as we talk about our holidays. Thank you.
- Looking ahead - International Week is begins on Monday 21 march and the whole school parade is on Friday 25 March. If you are returning home for the holiday you may wish to think about a costume for your child as this might be easier to source whilst on vacation. Pupils will be asked to come in wearing the colours of their flag or any national dress associated with your country.
- BISCAP Term 2: will start the week commencing 11 January.
WEBSITES FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Literacy / Phonics websites
And don’t forget to get the playdough out at home and practise some disco moves to keep little fingers strong and ready for writing.
We will be focusing on reading this week and getting back in to the routines of reading everyday and practising our phonics. We will also be looking closely at reading the first tricky words and high frequency words which help the childrens reading become really fluent. Your support with this at home everyday is vital to the progress your child makes with their reading.
Key Vocabulary: story, book, page, title, letter sound, word, full stop.
Children read and understand simple sentences.
They use phonic knowledge to decode regular words and read them aloud accurately.
They also read some common irregular words.
They demonstrate understanding when talking with others about what they have read.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE & UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD – People and Communities
We will be talking in small groups and as a whole class about some of the things we have done over the holidays. Using photographs to help stimulate some really descriptive talk and help the children remember what they have done, who they saw and how they felt over the exciting Christmas holidays. We will support the children in forming good questions to extend conversations with their friends too.
Key Vocabulary: tell, describe, who, what, where, when, how.
People and communities: Children talk about past and present events in their own lives and in the lives of family members.
Communication & Language:
- They give their attention to what others say and respond appropriately.
- Children express themselves effectively, showing awareness of listeners’ needs.
- They use past forms accurately when talking about events that have happened.
PHONICS – please check your child’s Communication Book to find out their group name.
Pufferfish- Pufferfish will review all of the vowel diagraphs they learned in term 1: ai, oo, ee, oa, igh.
Octopus – The Octopus class will continue to review the beginning of phase 3 and practise writing CVC words.
Sharks - The Sharks will review the Phase 2 and 3 sounds learnt to date. They will practise their segmenting and blending skills as well as the rapid recall of the tricky words.
Jellyfish – Jellyfish will review all the sounds taught so far; all of phase 2 and the single phase 3 sounds too.
Starfish- Starfish will review all the known sounds from Phase 2 and rapid recall of the first tricky words.
We will be counting each day and extending those children who are ready to cound beyond 20. We will look at ordering a range of numbers to consolidate the childrens understanding of the value of each number. For example, in order from smallest to largest number, 3, 6, 8, 11,
KeyVocabuilary: number, value, how many, order, smallest to biggest.
Children count reliably with numbers from 1 to 20 and place them in order.
We will encourage the children to talk to us about their holidays.
Key words: holiday 假期 （jia qi） tell 说 （shuo） describe 形容 （xingrong）
Jules heeft een reuzehonger! Hij belegt zijn brood met kaas, ham, chocoladepasta, jam en groentesla. Zou hij dat lekker vinden?
We dekken de tafel in de kleuterklas voor Jules en praten over wat wij `s ochtends op ons brood smeren. Wat zit er nog in de brooddoos van Jules? We gebruiken al onze zintuigen om verschillende soorten broodbeleg te ontdekken.
Een fijne vakantie gewenst en tot in 2016!