ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- School Trip - As part of Literacy this term we will be focusing on how to write a good recount from a real life experience. Therefore on Wednesday 14 October Year 1 will be going on a trip to the Zoo. Please remember that children will need to carry their school provided pack lunch and water bottle. They will therefore need a suitable good sized bag with them. Please check the trip information letter for further details regarding our visit.
- Phonics workshop- We would like to invite parents to join us on Thursday 15 October 2015 between 8:45- 9:30 in Stage One. This workshop is an opportunity for you to come and learn more about how we teach phonics as a key element of our Literacy curriculum.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- Lunches - Please be aware that SLETO take the numbers for lunches from the school register at 9.30am every day. If you are taking your child out of school after 9.30am please inform SLETO in advance so that you are not charged on that day.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- Tanzania – Our annual Tanzania animal dress-up day will be on Friday 16 october. Children will find out more in assembly next week.
This week in literacy we will be working with dictionaries. We will be learning how to use them as well as working on making our own animal themed dictionaries in class. With our exciting zoo trip planned, we will also be discussing and reflecting upon our experiences when beginning to learn how to write a recount.
Puffer Fish- This week the Puffer Fish phonics group will be continuing to practise the sounds oe and ue. We will also be learning how to read and write words using the ph sound. These include photo, phone and phonics. We will also be practising the tricky words out, what and there.
Star Fish and Jelly Fish- We continue to improve our understanding of the main Phase 2 sounds – we are beginning to introduce some blended sounds; ff and ck. To support reading and spelling we will continue to focus on decoding CVC words.
Octopus and Stingray- In the Octopus and Stingray groups this week, we will be looking at the sounds oa, ar, or, igh. See how many times you can spot these sounds when reading at home. We will also be reviewing the tricky words the and no.
Sharks- In phonics this week the Sharks will be practising our tricky words as well as continuing with our on-going work with blending sounds for reading and writing. For example: spot, frog, swim and drop.
We are now going to move beyond number recognition and order and start looking at addition. We always approach this in a variety of ways; we focus strongly on number bonds to 10 and 20 (the more you can practise these the better), we use objects to support our visual understanding of addition, play addition games and solve basic addition problems.
We will continue to learn about Australia through Barnaby’s adventures next week. The children will learn about aboriginal art and create their own masterpieces. They will also learn about animals that can be found in Australia and attempt to spot some of these animals during our trip to the zoo.
This week we will be focusing on how to stay safe during our visit to the zoo. We will discuss our golden rules and how we can help each other. We will also role play different possible zoo situations/experiences.
Literacy – Recount, experiences, connectives, next, then, after, first, last, time, zoo, animals, dictionary, alphabetical order.
Maths – Addition, adding, sums, equals, number bonds, counting, numbers, problem solving.
Humanities – Australia, map, country, atlas, traveling, adventures, Barnaby Bear, sights, aboriginal art.
Dames en heren, appels en peren, welkom in Circus Chapito! We lezen over de verschillende artiesten in het dierencircus en ontdekken waarom Frou Frou de beer zo triest is. Met de –aa- van aap maken we grappige circuswoorden.
We gaan elke dinsdag met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. De Estafettemap mag mee naar school op dezelfde dag. Prettig weekend gewenst!
Year1 Sea Horse
Topic: What’s your name？
Homework: Finish a questionnaire
Year1 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 4 Colours-Continued
Key Words: 粉 fen/pink; 黑 hei/black; 黄 huang/yellow; 绿l/green; 红hong/red; 蓝lan/blue; 白bai/white
Homework: Read the words on P20 and sing the song on P22.