School Trip - As part of Literacy this term we will be focusing on how to write a good recount from a real life experience. Therefore on Wednesday 14 October Year 1 will be going on a trip to the Zoo. We would like two parent volunteers from each class to support us on this day. Please let your child’s class teacher know if you are available on this date and would like to volunteer to help. Please check the trip information letter for further details regarding our visit.
- Optional homework will be given out on Wednesday and expected in on Monday 12 October.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Security Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- ECA/BISCAP Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up.
- Lunch If your child has been registered and leaves school after 9.30 Sleto will still charge for lunch unless they know in advance. Please email email@example.com if you know your child will not be in school for lunch by 9.30 so that you are not charged.
This week we will be writing recounts about all of the exciting things that we have been doing during the holiday. We will be using connectives to improve our sentences and will continue to practising using capital letters and full stops. We will alos be incorporating writing thank you notes and looking at atlases in small group work.
Puffer Fish- This week the Puffer Fish phonics group will be practising the sounds oe and ue. We will be learning to read and write new words that use these sounds, such as toe, blue and glue. We will also be practising the tricky words some, come and little.
Star Fish and Jelly Fish- This week the Star Fish and Jellyfish groups will be learning the sounds g and o. We will be learning to read and write new words that use these and previous sounds that we have learnt. We will also be practising the high frequency words: and, on, not, no go.
Octopus and Stingray- The Octopus and Stingray groups, we will be looking at the sounds ai, ee and oo. This last sound is very special and can be said in two different ways! (Like in the words spoon and book) see how many times you can spot it in reading books and around town. We will also be reviewing the tricky words he and she.
Sharks- The Sharks have been working on practising reading and spelling words with blends, and are continuing this focus after the break. We will be looking at words such as soft, camp and drank.
This week we will be learning all about patterns and sequences. We will begin by sequencing some of the different 2D shapes that we have already learned about. We will then move onto sequences in time. Focusing on the order in which we do things each day.
This week in Themed Learning we will find out where Barnaby Bear has been on his travels. The children will learn how to use an atlas to locate Australia. They will also begin to discuss differences and similarities between two locations.
Our focus this week in PHSCE will be settling back in after the Golden Week holiday. We will discuss the best ways to work as a team and how we can help and support each other.
Literacy –recount, experiences, holiday, connectives, first, then, next, after, full stops, capital letters.
Maths – sorting, ordering, patterns, shapes, time, sequencing, first, last.
Humanities – travel, holiday, experiences, similarities, differences, countries, atlas, location.
Het circus komt naar de Nederlandse klas! In de circuskaravaan zien we clowns, acrobaten, goochelaars en leeuwentemmers. Wie is jouw favoriete circusartiest?
In de circustent speuren we naar de letter e en maken we woorden met alle klanken die we al geleerd hebben.
U mag het bibliotheekboek meegeven met uw kind naar de klas. Indien u het boek graag nog een week wil houden kan dit ook. We gaan elke dinsdag met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek.
Prettige vakantie gewenst!
YEAR1 SEA HORSE
Topic: Thank you!
Key sentence: 对不起duibuqi/sorry; 没关系meiguanxi/never mind; 谢谢xiexie/thanks; 不客气bukeqi/welcome
Homework: Sing the song ‘Thank You’
YEAR1 SEA STAR
Topic: Lesson 4 Colours
Key Words: 粉 fen/pink; 黑 hei/black; 黄 huang/yellow; 绿l/green; 红hong/red; 蓝lan/blue; 白bai/white
Homework: Read the words on P20 and sing the song on P22.