Christmas Lunch - Year 1 will be celebrating Christmas with a special Christmas lunch on Wednesday 9 December. This will take place during our normal lunch time.
- International Week is begins on Monday 21 March and the whole school parade is on Friday 25 March. If you are returning home for the holiday you may wish to think about a costume for your child as this might be easier to source whilst on vacation. Pupils will be asked to come in wearing the colours of their flag or any national dress associated with your country.
- Themed Learning- Next term our exciting new theme will be- All Dressed Up! Further information regarding dress up days has gone home via communication books.
- Forest Schools- As it is the last week of term, there will be no Forest School activities this week. This will begin again for 1S and 1U on Wednesday 13 January. Children will need to continue to bring in warm/waterproof shoes and clothes.
- ECA/BISCAP/BISSLIONS Swimming Term 2: Registration will close on Monday 7 December.
- Snacks- Please remember that we are a nut free school and that all snacks and cakes sent into school to celebrate Birthdays, should all be nut free.
- Christmas Holidays- We hope you all have a restful Christmas holiday and look forward to seeing the children again on Wednesday 6 January.
- Christmas Cards that have been produced using the designs of our recent competition winners will be on sale next week in the playground before and after school. They cost 50 RMB for a pack of 8. Buy early for Christmas!
In Literacy this week, we will be continuing to write letters to Santa. We will focus on re-reading our own work, whilst discussing what is good. We will then come up with one wish to improve our work before sending them to Santa.
Puffer Fish- This week the Pufferfish group will be recapping all of the phase 4 and phase 5 sounds. We will then be using them to write words and sentences.
Star Fish and Jelly Fish- This week starfish and jellyfish will revisit all of the Phase 2 sounds and tricky words through fun Christmas activities.
Octopus and Stingray- In our last week before the Christmas break the Octopus/Stingray group will practise blending for reading CVCC words such as: bend, mend, hump, tent and bent. Using a phoneme frame they will segment and spell out the words milk, lost and fact, among others and practice reading tricky words one, said, have and there.
Sharks- Sharks phonics group will be looking at ee and ea, and also learning how we can use our phonic knowledge to spell Christmassy words like Santa, holiday, snowman and present.
For the final week, children will be revisiting aspects of the curriculum which we have learnt this term. We will be using all of these skills to help Santa solve a range of different mathematical problems.
During Themed Learning this week, we will be continuing to learn about materials and their properties. We will continue to carry out a number of different investigations and will use some of the different materials to help us make Christmas decortations. We will also be getting ready for Christmas by creating Christmas scenes using what we know about materials to select shiny objects for Christmas lights!
This week we will be focusing on team work when developing our problem solving skills.
Literacy – Letter writing, dear, to, from, address, North Pole, Santa Claus, capital letters, Christmas, Celebration.
Maths – Capacity, measuring, liquid, empty, half full, full, ml, l, measuring jug, problem solving, more than, less than, estimate.
Themed Learning – materials, raincoat, waterproof, rain, properties, exploring, North Pole, prediction, investigation.
Wat heeft de Sint in jouw schoentje gebracht? We verdelen onze pepernoten en vertellen voluit over het voorbije Sinterklaasfeest. Alle klanken die we tot nu toe geleerd hebben passeren de revue en worden gesorteerd in het klankenhuis. Kan jij in de doos kerstversiering vinden met de `e` of met de `a `?
We ronden het kalenderjaar af met mooie wensen voor het nieuwe jaar en maken er een mooie wenskaart mee. Prettige kerstdagen en tot in 2016!
Year1 Sea Star/Horse
Key words: 圣诞节shengdan jie/Christmas; 圣诞树 shengdan hua/Christmas tree; 圣诞花 shengdan hua/ Christmas flower; 圣诞老人 shengdan laoren/ Santa Clausel; 卡片kapian/cards; 雪花 xuehua/ snowflakes
Core Sentences: 祝你圣诞快乐! Zhu ni shengdan kuaile/ Merry Christmas!
Activity: Christmas song singing and handcraft—Making Christmas Trees
本周我们将学习拼音ia, iao, ian, iang, iong. 汉字认读：校，小，两，想，好，下，今，天。