As the children have begun to start the planning and developing aspects of their building topics this week we would like to invite any parents who might have experience in this area, such as architects, planners or surveyors to come in and talk to the children about their job.
- Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- PE and swimming are a core part of our curriculum. All children should take part unless they have a note from a doctor or a parent to excuse them. When children are not taking part, we ask that they still bring their PE kit as we can adapt the lesson for them. We can often include them in the lesson as a coach, a referee or to give feedback to others. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA/BISCAP Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up.
- Security: Thank you to all of you who have applied for our new security badges. Due to some technical difficulties the production of the badges has been delayed. We are working as fast as possible to get the badges to you. Thank you for your patience.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
- Visiting Poet: Nick Tozeck will be working with children on Monday 9-Tuesday 10 November.
- Remembrance: Students will be singing at the beginning of the school day on Wednesday 11.11.15. Join us in observing a minute’s silence to remember those who have lost their lives in battle.Poppies are now on sale. A suggested donation of 10RMB should be given at the Primary reception desk.
In Literacy we will continue our unit of work on fantasy stories. To inspire the children's writing they will watch a short animation about a girl who travels to a fantasy land on a bubble. They will then go into the playground and blow bubbles and begin to imagine where their bubble might take them. Over the following sessions the children will work together to create their own fantasy land and then end the week by writing a description of their own fantasy land and describe how they arrived there on thier own magic bubble.
In Maths we will be investigating the relationship between addition and subtraction. The children will work in groups to solve a range of a range of problems that will help deepen their understanding of the concept. Following this, the children will learn how to write corresponding number sentences for addition and subtraction.
In Themed Learning the children will continue to apply the knowledge they have gained in our Themed Learning topic to complete scientific investigations. They will build houses from a range of materials and then test each house in different the weather conditions! The children’s houses will be tested in windy conditions and rain.
The children will be focusing on expressing their ideas, opinions and views with confidence.
Literacy – characters, fantasy, magical, plot, predictions,
Maths – addition, subtraction, inverse, opration, plus and minus
Humanities – test, investigation, explore.
Dames en heren, welkom in het wereldberoemde SDS circus! Deze week wordt er volop geoefend voor onze langverwachte circusshow. De kinderen van year 1 en year 2 vertonen hun beste circuskunsten in hun eigen versie van het Circus Chapito – verhaal. Hopelijk kunnen jullie er allemaal bij zijn aanstaande donderdag van 16u30 tot 18u in Stage One!
We gaan elke dinsdag met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
Year2 Sea Lion
Topic: My schoolbag
Key Sentences: 书包里有shu bao li you … …/There are …in my schoolbag.
Homework: Finish worksheet on topic of “My schoolbag”. Please finish homework and return homework book the following Monday.
Year2 Sea Horse
Topic: Parts of the body
Key Characters: 眼睛yan jing/eyes; 耳朵er duo/ears; 嘴巴zui ba/mouth; 鼻子bi zi/nose; 头 tou/ head; 头发tou fa/ hair; 手shou/hand; 脚jiao/feet
Key Sentences: 这是我的zhe shi wode …… /This is my…
Homework: Finish the worksheet.
Year2 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 2 Electrical Appliances
Key Words: 冰箱bingxiang /refrigerator; 洗衣机 xiyiji/wash machine; 电视 dianshi/television; 灯 deng/lamp; 电脑 diannao/computer; 电话 dianhua/telephone
Homework: Read the words on P8 and sing the song on P10.