Reminder - Year 4 will be visiting the China Maratime Museum on Thursday 28 May to help with ideas to put the finishing touches to the adventure they have been busy planning!
- Nepal Bake Sale – We would like to say a huge thank you to all for your support with the bake sale. It was extremely successful due to the generosity of all involved. The children were very engaged in the process and thoroughly enjoyed selling their goods!
- Jayia’s Animal Rescue and Bow Meow Coin Collection. The coin collection continues until early June when the house who collects the most coins will be awarded with a Doggy Trophy to celebrate their support. Clear your house of 1 yuan coins and support these amazing organisations that help the stray animals in the city. The funds will then be donated to JAR and Bow Meow to support them with the cost incurred through medicating, taking care of and re-housing these animals in need. 1 yuan coins only please!
- The final clothes collection for River of Hearts will begin in the week commencing 1st June. Please feel free to go through wardrobes and clean out closets, donating any unwanted items to be sent to various parts of China to support those in need.
- Key Stage 2 book eXchange. Our wonderful book eXchange is open every Monday and Friday lunch time for your Book Worms to drop by and exchange their latest book eXchange book!
- Joining is easy: Just donate 2 good quality books suitable for Key Stage 2 readers and your child will receive a Membership Booklet; all languages are welcome
- Remember: Loose Change for an eXchange; children are encouraged to donate a few coins each time they exchange a book. All money collected will be used to buy much needed books for the Migrant School.
This week the children will develop their understanding of adventure stories. They will create their own adventure inspired by the expeditions they have been researching. The children will decide their own setting and characters for their adventure and what will dangers they may face. They will continue to focus on how create suspense using detailed descriptions and imagery.
Maths and Themed Learning
Over the course of the next two weeks our Maths and Themed Learning lessons will be combined to allow the children to complete an extended learning project on planning an expedition. Children will be continuing with their projects this week.
The mathematical content will be provided as taught sessions covering: data handling; adding large numbers and working with decimals; using the 24 hour clock; calculating distances and areas; approximations; checking results using inverses; working with weight and problem solving. The children will have opportunities to apply their mathematical knowledge in a purposeful way.
The scientific content will cover the understanding of properties of materials as the children plan and test materials which they will later use to design their outdoor clothing. They will learn about insulation and energy transference. This week they will be asked the question: If you put a jacket on a snowman, what will happen?
The children will be learning how to make positive choices. They will be working in small groups to complete a number of challenges that test their abilty to work effectively in a team.
Literacy – adverbs, drama, cliff-hanger, setting
Maths– The children will call upon all the mathematical vocabulary they have leant this year.
Alle leerlingen van KS2 zijn keihard aan het werk aan de ‘Hoe-overleef-ik-Azië-gids’ zodat ook u hem van de zomer mee kunt nemen op uw Aziëavontuur!
Year 3 focust zich op het culinaire gedeelte, waarbij recepten worden geschreven, maar ook eetweetjes met u gedeeld zullen worden. Year 4 richt de aandacht vooral op het dierenrijk en de landenkennis. Year 5 neemt u mee op reis in uw fantasie: ze schrijven een fantasieverhaal om de uurtjes in het vliegtuig te doden. Ook delen ze al hun survivaltips met u. Year 6 interviewt Aziëexperts (zit u ertussen?) en onderzoekt de AziëTops (topplekken, tophotels, topeten, etc.). Ook zullen zij u vermaken met hun mooiste reisverhalen.
Mandarin Y4 Panda
Topic: Lesson13 My School Bag-Continued
Key characters: 书shu/book; 包bao/bag; 里 li/in
Key Sentence: 书包里有shubao li you……/There is/are…in my school bag.
Activities: Oral sharing - My School Bag
Mandarin Y4 Monkey
Key Characters: 过 guo/to spend, 假 jia/holiday, 期 qi/date
Key Sentences: 我想去 Wo xiang qu…… / I will go to...; 你去过Ni qu guo……吗ma? / Have you been to...?
Activities: Role- play
Mandarin Y4 Horse
Topic: Lesson 14 ‘We love reading’-Continued
Key Characters: 回家hui jia / go home, 看 kan / look, 没 mei / no, none
Key Sentences: 常常 changchang / often; ……以后 yi hou /after; ……有you / There is … at … + (location).
Activities: Talk about their leisure time after class
Mandarin Y4 MNDCN
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Samsom
To continue the work on our body’s, food and drinks. Homework: to practise our food/drink vocab
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week children will be presenting their mini projects.
Homework is Linguascope, consolidation of the topics covered.
Year 3 / 4 French – Mrs Rae
On Monday, we shall be cooking crepes! The children will then write instructions for how to make crepes, using the vocabulary taught.
Homework: Children complete the worksheet. What French food words sound similar to English words? Match the correct word to the picture.
Year 4 French: Miss Wood
We shall be concluding our unit of work on clothing and finishing with devising some short plays about choosing clothes and going shopping. The children will be encouraged to find and explore new sentence patterns and they will work on pronunciation and clarity when speaking.
Homework: to use the internet to find some new words for articles of clothing.