Christmas Lunch: Our school Christmas lunch will be on Wednesday 9 December.
- Library Books: please can you return all library books by Thursday 10 December to enable our librarians to complete their audit.
- There will be no ECAs/BISCAP/BISS LIONS this week.
- ECA/BISCAP/BISSLIONS Swimming Term 2: Registration will close on Monday 7 December.
- As many of you may be returning home for the Chirstmas vacation we would like to inform you about future dressing up days. This may give you an opportunity to purchase any clothes for these special events. On Friday 25 March we will have the International Day parade. Children will have the opportunity to dress in their national costumes or in the colours of their home country. In Term 3 we will also have a special Space day which will link to our Themed Learning topic. Children will be able to dress up in a costume that is related to the theme of space!
- Uniform: Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and not, non-uniform versions. Information is available in the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Christmas Cards that have been produced using the designs of our recent competition winners will be on sale next week in the playground before and after school. They cost 50 RMB for a pack of 8. Buy early for Christmas!
This week we will be reading a variety of books linked to our Themed Learning topic ‘Building a Village’. The children will be discovering information about islands, caves, settlements and cities as well as reading about influential leaders from the past who led their country to success. The children will be taking on a variety of roles whilst discussing these texts in order to develop their comprehension and discussion skills.
For our final week of Maths this year we will direct our attention to all things ‘Angles’. We will introduce the different types of angles we can generate and then move on to estimating the size of angles and who and how use these angles in their daily lives. Later in the week we will begin to develop our understanding of how to both measure and draw angles (focusing on precision) and finish the week with our angle problem solving activities.
This week the children will take part in a series of debates that will affect the future of their village. The children will be asked to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different scenarios that could impact on the quality of life of the settlers. Where will the factories and theme parks be built? Who will this affect? What impact will this have on the environment? The children will need to gather together as a village community and vote on the outcomes!
In PSHCE we will discuss our targets that we wrote at the beginning of term. The children will reflect on these, discuss what they have achieved and write new targets for next term.
Literacy: Persuasive texts, persuade, rhetorical questions, alliteration, information, topic sentence, slogans
Maths: Acute, reflex, obtuse, incidence, precision, accuracy.
Themed Learning: team work, collaboration, confidence, pride.
We blikken deze week terug op een druk, vol en actief, maar zeer geslaagd eerste trimester. De leerlingen evalueren de verschillende activiteiten en wat ze ervan geleerd hebben. Ook bepalen we nieuwe leerdoelen voor het tweede trimester.
Tevens staan we stil bij het kerstfeest en een nieuwjaarswens. Waarom vieren we Kerstmis en waar willen we dit jaar bij stilstaan? Wie sturen we een wens en waarom?
Excuses voor het late meegeven van het huiswerk. Het lag klaar, maar we vergaten het steeds. De leerlingen mogen het deze week later inleveren.
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of donderdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap? Estafette levert alleen het gewenste resultaat op als u uw zoon/dochter controleert tijdens het lezen van Vloeiend&Vlot en als maatje tijdens het maken van het werkboek.
Review our assessment paper and Christmas related activities.
Year 5 French Miss Rae
Next week in French we will be learning about Christmas. We will learn key vocabulary and complete different activities to do with Christmas.
Homework this week is to complete the Christmas wordsearch.
Year 5 Spanish Ms Ormond
Next week the students will continue to work on the topic of Navidad and learn how other Spanish speaking countries celebrate Christmas.
Homework: To complete Feliz Navidad worksheet
Year 5/6 French - Ms Caldwell
The children will be learning some Christmas vocabulary and will be researching Christmas traditions in France. In addition to this, we will also be revising previous learning.
Homework will be to create a pamphlet outlining a typical Christmas in France.