Each year we carry out an annual parent satisfaction survey to help us improve our understanding of how we are performing in key areas — such as what we are doing well and areas where we can improve — so that we can continue to provide the best possible educational experience for your child.
This year’s survey concluded in February and was completed by 52% of parents at our school. We would like to say thank you to everyone who shared their valuable feedback. These results, along with continuous guidance and review with Nord Anglia’s Education team, enable us to create a thorough improvement and development plan for our school.
We are very proud of our 2018/19 academic year results, which represent the collective hard work and dedication of everyone at our school. As Principal, I am especially happy with the following results which represent an overview of responses that either ‘strongly agree’ or ‘agree’
- 99% of families think that the school provides a stimulating learning environment
- 98% of families think that their child feels safe at school
- 97% of families think that their child is happy at school
- 97% of families think that their child receives a quality education from the school
In addition, I have also shared with you some of the other significant strengths you have identified below.
- 99% of families think that their child was given a good induction when starting the school
- 99% of new families think that their first contact with the school was positive and welcoming
- 98% of families are satisfied with indoor sports facilities
- 98% of families are satisfied with the classrooms
- 97% of families think that the school keeps them informed about general school updates
- 96% of families think that their children can participate in a wide range of after school activities
- 96% of families think that the school promotes healthy lifestyles to their child
- 95% of families think that their children are making good progress at school
- 94% of families think that their children have a good relationship with their teacher(s)
Across all areas of the BVIS survey, the average number of responses that were either ‘strongly agree’ or ‘agree’ was 93%
I know you will agree this is an outstanding set of results for our school. In all headings except one (‘Developing Global Awareness at school – BVIS 82% v. Regional 84%) BVIS has significantly outperformed the South East Asia region and saw many, many results significantly better than the world average for all NAE schools.
From last year’s survey, we learnt about some of the key areas for improvement and we continue to work hard to address these issues. I am delighted to report that:
- Parents are now very satisfied that we are preparing their child for the next stage of their study.
- Parents now state that they are satisfied that the school contacts them about their child’s successes outside of academic progress.
- Parents are now very pleased with the way in which our school is helping them to understand how best to support their child’s learning.
- Parents are very pleased with the further improvements in IT teaching facilities.
The satisfaction of the bus service continues to improve.
Of course, there were some areas from the survey, whilst strong against regional and worldwide averages, that we we will continue to pay particular attention to this year and beyond. These include:
- Developing more opportunities to improve global awareness across our school.
- Raising an awareness of and developing further provision for the NAE educational programmes such a Juilliard, MIT and UNICEF.
- Improving the engagement of the BVIS community in the Global Campus programme.
- Utilising and enhancing outdoor sporting facilities across the campus.
Once again, thank you for your continued support of our school. Your feedback is invaluable as we continue to enhance teaching and learning at BVIS HCMC for every student.