Pleased to Meet You…Michelle Gill
26 mei 2015
This week we spoke to Michelle Gill, Year 3 Class Teacher and Art Coordinator for the primary school…
- How long have you been teaching at BISS Puxi? I’m currently in my third year at BISS Puxi and have worked in Year 3 since I arrived. Prior to coming to BISS Puxi I taught at a large school in Bristol across a range of year groups.
- What do you enjoy most about working at our school? It’s great to teach children from such a broad range of nationalities. I’m regularly amazed by the way our children switch from speaking in one language to another, often without even realising that they have done so! It’s also great to have small class sizes and be able to give children the individualised support they need to make the best progress possible.
- What was your favourite book as a child and why? I loved ‘The Twits’ when I was younger as I have fond memories of one of my primary teachers reading it to me. When I read it with a class now, I am taken back to the first time I’d heard the hilarious tricks that they play on one another!
- As the art coordinator for primary, what’s your favourite medium to use with the children? I’m biased as when I studied for my A Levels I always worked with plaster and clay. However, I love working with all mediums.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you would take with you? I’m not very good with my own company and I get bored easily so it would have to be my dog Ted to keep me company.
- Where are you from and what do you think you will miss most from home? I’m from a small city called Hereford but lived and worked in Bristol before coming to Shanghai. I miss my family and friends most of all. My third nephew was born recently and I can’t wait to finally meet him in the Summer and make up for the time I’ve missed so far!