· Communication Book – where routines and notes keep you in touch with your child’s daily life at school. Please feel free to put in a note for the teacher, particularly about a change of routine etc
· Letters – issued to inform you of events, so please check your child’s bag every night. Copies of these are also available on the website here.
· School Calendar – is available on the website which is an easy way to check up on the special activities that are planned
· Blogs – our teachers regularly post about the Exciting Experiences taking place in school. Your child’s photo may even appear! You can find our blog page here.
· School Newsletter – issued weekly which has news about the school. Please sign up to get this sent to your email here.
· WeChat/Instagram/Facebook/Twitter – these link directly with the website and are another convenient way to keep up to date with what is going on.
WeChat id: Add our id BISS_ShanghaiPuxi
Instagram: Follow us here.
Facebook: Become a fan here.
Twitter: Follow us here.
· Email – addresses for staff are listed on the website here. Please remember that teachers are busy teaching during the day. Please try to avoid using this in the afternoon, particularly if the message is urgent or needs immediate attention.
In terms of your child’s learning,
· Class News – which is written every week by teachers to describe the learning that will be taking place next week. You can access this here.
· Learning Showcases – where you are invited in to see your child’s and the class and year group work. You can hear from your child, first hand, what they have been learning
· Assemblies – where they demonstrate their learning and enjoy performing for you; always a highlight!
· Parent Teacher Conferences – your chance to discuss you child’ progress individually with the teacher during the year
· Reports – where you can find out about your child’s learning each term
· ILRs (Individual Learning Records) – which gives you information about the children’s progress in Reading, Writing and Maths. These are issued with reports twice a year.
Of course you can make an appointment to speak to your child’s class teacher at any time. Similarly feel free to contact a member of the Senior Leadership Team, including me, if you feel that is more appropriate.
Eleanor Jess, Head of Primary