Name: María Torres
1) Where are you currently studying?
I am currently studying a dual degree in Law and International Relations at IE University, in Madrid.
2) How has your BISS Puxi education helped you to date?
The IB program is very rigorous, and there is clearly a difference in the classroom between those of us who studied IB compared to those coming from other programs.
3) What did you enjoy the most about your time at BISS Puxi?
I really liked how my teachers were very engaged in our education. At the same time, my classmates were very motivating too, keeping each other focused during exam period.
4) Do you still keep in touch with your classmates?
I still keep in touch with most of them. It is not easy because we are all busy, with different holidays and very different time zones.
5) What was the inspiration behind your choice of university and course?
As I am interested in pursuing a career in diplomacy, I wanted to study law and international relations together, as the courses complement each other. IE University was one of the few universities that offered this opportunity. I also wanted an international environment, like BISS Puxi, and it seemed like Madrid had it all.
6) What were the main challenges you faced studying IB?
Keeping up with revision and coursework at the same time was probably the biggest challenge. Not only we had to keep studying old and new material, but also on top of that, there were always deadlines coming up: EE, IAs …
7) How did your CAS experience aid your learning?
It helped me develop as a person in fields that cannot always be learnt inside a classroom. Besides the weekly CAS activities, I particularly made the most out of our trip to Cambodia, as my teamwork and communication skills were challenged at all times.
Thank you for your time María.