Parent Teacher conferences: They will be taking place on Tuesday 3 November and Thursday 5 November. We look forward to seeing you all.
- Book Week Dress Up Day: The children are invited to wear a costume on Friday 6th November. Our theme this year is “Weird and Wonderful.”
- Book Week mystery reader: A big thank you to all the parents who have volunteered to be a ‘Mystery reader’. If you haven’t had a chance to sign up but would like to come and read a story to the children please let your child's class teacher know.
- Show and Tell : Instead of a toy we recommend your child to bring his/her favourite book to share with the class on Friday.
- Giving Tree: It is not too late to send in replies and donationions for our Giving Tree Charity. Please send slips and cash in a sealed envelope clearly marked for the ‘Giving Tree’and with your childs name and class. – Thank you.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
OUR LEARNING THEME: Weird and Wonderful Nursery Rhymes
Book week is finally here! We have been really looking forward to it as it will be packed with exciting activites! We can't wait to introduce the very weird and wonderful nursery rhyme: There Was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly. The children will be encouraged to listen to the song very carefully and find out what other creatures she also swallowed to try and catch the fly. We will play a dice game to practise singing, acting out the rhyme with all sorts of different props. In each of our classrooms we will continue working hard to create weird and wonderful artwork to decorate our classroom doors. Last but not least, we will make weird and wonderful spider cookies during our Thursday cooking session for the old lady. Remember to look out for weird and wonderful things happening in school!
Please see below the Youtube Link for the rhyme:
Key vocabulary: old lady, swallow,.fly, spider, cat, dog, cow, horse, weird, wonderful
Literacy will continue to be our main focus next week as we continue promoting a real love of reading and reinforcing careful handling of books. We will read inside our classrooms, outside in the playground, in the library as well as in our wonderful Story Land. We will read in small groups, big groups, with teachers, friends and our mystery readers. Let's all enjoy reading!
Key vocabulary: read, story land, mystery reader
This week we will keep reading some “weird and wonderful” stories.
Stories: 爱吃水果的牛 <ai chi shui guo de niu>, 小猪变形记<xiao zhu bian xing ji>,蜘蛛先生要搬家 <zhi zhi xian sheng yao ban jia>.
Key vocabulary: cow-牛（niu），pig-猪（zhu），spider-蜘蛛（zhi zhu）.
Hecko, de goochelaar van Circus Rondo, is fantastich. Hij kan echt toveren! Dat wil clown Tito ook wel kunnen. Maar met zijn eigen hoedje lukt het helemaal niet. Zal hij Hecko vragen om het hem te leren? We leren net zoals Tito toveren en oefenen op het herhalen van zijn toverspreuken. Wat zit er allemaal in de hoed van Hecko?
Elke woensdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig weer mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
Volgende week dinsdag en donderdag zijn er oudergesprekken op BISS Puxi en uiteraard zijn juf Chris en Juf Cindy ook beschikbaar. Maakt u wel even een afspraak per mail (email@example.com of firstname.lastname@example.org).