Thank you to all the parents who came to cheer on the Cubs at their indoor sports morning. The children had a great time and they always love to see you there.
- The Book Fair is coming up: 5-7 May
- With the changeable weather we are having please make sure your children have a named light weight coat to wear outside when its cooler and sun hat for when it gets hot! We do try to get outside every day.
- Thank you to parents that have already sent in a picture of their child as a baby. It would be super to have more photos to look at so don't forget to send in your baby pictures!
- A reminder of our school policy for children returning to school after illness:
- Diarrhoea- (2 or more episodes in 24h that is new or unusual): Stay home for 48 hours since the last episode.
- Vomiting- (more than 2 times and/or occurring with fever): Stay home for 48 hours since the last episode of vomiting.
- Vomiting - (1 isolated occurrence without fever): Stay home for 24 hours since vomiting.
- Fever - (temperature equal to or more than 37.6 degrees celsius): Stay home 24 hours after the pupil is found fever free without intake of fever lowering medication.
The children have had such a great time with our focus on being healthy and looking after our wonderful bodies, so we are going to continue with this learning theme. One of our activities next week we will be looking at healthy food, talking about food we like or don't like, identifying which foods are good for our bodies, and preparing a delicious bean salad during our cooking session.
Key Vocabulary: fruit, vegetables, healthy, unhealthy, like, don’t like
Understanding of the world
Our home corner has been transformed into a hospital , and the children are learning how to be doctors, nurses and patients. Often very convincingly! Using a range of equipment and props, the children are practicing vocabulary to describe different parts of their bodies, and learning how to make each other feel better again.
As we look at our pictures of how we looked as babies, we will ask the children if they can spot different ways that they have changed since then. Are they bigger? Has their hair changed? What can they do now that they couldn’t do when they were babies?
Key Vocabulary: hospital, doctor, nurse, patient, bandage, stethoscope, arm, leg, foot etc. baby, grow, change.
De poes en de hond van juf Cindy zijn ziek. De poes moet naar de dierenarts voor onderzoek en hij moet een spuitje krijgen. Het hondje krijgt een verband om zijn poot. We praten over de lichaamsdelen van de dieren en hoe we ze best verzorgen.
In ons `Dierenwinkeltje`vinden we deze week alles onze huisdieren nodig hebben.
Mandarin: This week we are going to continue learning the language of healthy foods such as fruit and vegetables. We will be talking about food we like or don't like, identifying which foods are good for our bodies .The children will sing a song about keeping healthy.
Key words:水果(shui guo) fruit, 蔬菜(shu cai)vegetables, 健康(jian kang) healthy, 不健康（bu jian kang）unhealthy, 肥皂(fei zao) soap, 洗手(xi shou) wash your hands!