Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- Year 6 & 3 Art Exhibition - Each child in Years 6 & 3 has chosen a piece of art work that they are most proud of this term. The exhibition will take place in the ground floor of the Primary building during the week commencing Monday 23 November. You are invited to come and view all the art work between 8.00 and 8.30 any morning during this week. We hope you enjoy the exhibition!
- Christmas Fair: Please join us on Saturday 28 November for our Christmas Fair.
- Christmas Cards that have been produced using the designs of our recent competition winners will be on sale next week in the playground before and after school. They cost 50 RMB for a pack of 8. Buy early for Christmas!
In Literacy this week, we will be starting the next part of our unit on fantasy stories. The children will be inventing their own “Katie” story using their knowledge from our shared reading over the past two weeks. Each child will chose a painting for Katie to step into and create a set of events, including a range of problems and solutions, along with a familiar ending to their tale.
MATHS & THEMED LEARNING
In Maths this week, the children will be working on interpreting and presenting data (information) using bar charts, pictograms and tables. This will be based on their science investigation for Batman: “How can you make the batman signal bigger and smaller?” The children will be learning how to create a table to record the size of their shadows and then put this information in a bar graph. Finally they will be using their data to answer questions such as ‘How wide was the biggest shadow?’ and ‘What is the difference between the biggest and smallest shadow?’
This week the children will be thinking of what they are proud of in relation to the art pieces they have created this term and placing it in the exhibition for others to see.
Literacy –events, problem, solution, resolution, dilemma, build up, ending, beginning, plot
Maths – table, chart, bar graph, pictogram, data, information, scale, x axis, y axis, title, labels
Themed Learning – light, shadow, investigate, bigger, smaller, explain, investigate, examine, plan, predict
Het handboek: hoe maak je een circusshow is in de maak. De leerlingen van KS2 hebben gebrainstormd wat er allemaal in een handboek moet en werken nu individueel, in tweetallen én in groepjes aan de uitwerking ervan. Dit is de laatste week dat we aan het circusthema werken. Hierna zullen we starten met Sinterklaas. Party Piet Pablo heeft weer een nieuwe hit: de Sint
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of donderdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap? Estafette levert alleen het gewenste resultaat op als u uw zoon/dochter controleert tijdens het lezen van Vloeiend&Vlot en als maatje tijdens het maken van het werkboek.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
This week we will revise the topics that we have covered so far and practise asking and answering key questions. The children will also look at the geography of Spain in more detail and learn about the capital city.
Homework this weekend: to research some key questions relating to Spain and Spanish culture.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week we will be continuing our topic on animals including using a range of adjectives to describe them.
This week homework is to complete the Linguascope activity sheet. Pupils can also access the Linguascope website to consolidate the work on animals. Log on: bisspuxi password: bissmfl. Then click Elemantary-Caramba-Galaxia tres-Animales
Year 3 / 4 French – Mrs Rae
Next week we will be learning the days of the week as well as describing characters in detail.
Homework this week is to explore this website: http://lexiquefle.free.fr/vocab.swf to revise parts of the body.
Topic: Lesson 3 Making Phone Calls-Continued
The students will be able to know the key words and phrases for making a phone call.
Homework: Termly Oral Assessment Preparation
Topic: Lesson 6 Telephone numbers-Text 1
The students will be able to communicate with others by asking/answering the telephone numbers.
Homework: Prepare the Termly Oral Presentation.