ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- Lunch - If your child has been registered and leaves school after 9.30 Sleto will still charge for lunch unless they know in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you know your child will not be in school for lunch by 9.30 so that you are not charged.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- Homework - will resume on Wednesday 14th October and will be expected in on Monday 19thOctover.
- Uniform - Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Snack box and Water bottles - Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle. Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- Parent Helpers: We are always grateful for parents who are willing to come in to help read with children, help in the Dinner Hall, make resources etc. Please let your class teacher know if you are available.
- Tanzania – Our annual Tanzania animal dress-up day will be on Friday 16 October. Children will find out more in assembly next week.
- Lunches - Please be aware that SLETO take the numbers for lunches from the school register at 9.30am every day. If you are taking your child out of school after 9.30am please inform SLETO in advance so that you are not charged on that day.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- 4P class assembly –Monday 19 October at 1.45 - 2.30pm.
The children will be studying ‘The Iron Man’ by Ted Hughes and exploring the features of narrative writing. They will investigate the use of similes in description and the use of speech marks and apply these in their writing. Students will empathise with the character ‘Hogarth’ in the book and dramatise and retell the meeting with the ‘Iron Giant’ from his perspective.
The children will be finding clues in order to predict what may happen by looking at details that are stated and implied. They shall discuss previous reading and experiences in order to help them uncover what will happen next and begin to consider the motives of the characters.
We will be looking at multiplication and division with a focus on multiplication. The children will be introduced to the formal method of multiplication for 2 or 3 digits by 1 digit. We will be using the knowledge of all of our tables up to the 12 times table during both our mental maths and our main activities. Their mental mathematical challenges and puzzles will be designed to help them rapidly recall the facts. By the end of the week we will be applying this knowledge to problem solving activities and word problems!
The students will be using their scientific knowledge to design a toy with an electrical aspect. This could range from light bulbs in place of eyes, or using a motor to help a part move. As part of the designing process, the children will be drafting ideas and sharing them with their peers, using constructive feedback from others to improve their plans. Hopefully by next week, each student will have a clear idea of what they are going to build and how this will happen, and will be ready to construct their toy the following week.
Students will be discussing the importance of celebrating differences in individuals.
Literacy – narrative, description, simile, speech marks, inverted commas, dramatise,
Maths – multiplication, division, inverse, column method, units, tens, hundreds, thousands
Themed Learning – design, draft, process, constructive, feedback, evaluate
Colafonteinen, dansende rozijnen, ballonnen opblazen (jawel, opblazen) met cola, een gekookt ei in een fles toveren én er weer uit... Raar maar waar is het thema van de kinderboekenweek en daarmee van ons Boekenkamp. We doen vrijdag proeven, maken het model van een uitvinding en doen een levend ganzenbordspel. Tijdens de lesweek zullen de verschillende klassen verantwoordelijk worden gemaakt voor de uitvoering van een proef op vrijdag.
De rest van de week staat in het teken van de introductie van het nieuwe thema:
Dames en Heren, Hooggeëerd publiek...!
Alles wat met circus te maken zal de komende weken de revue passeren: functies en beroepen, een circusverhaal, krantenartikelen over het failliete Circus Renz, een actieplan om het circus te redden... We lezen het boek De dikke bende van de Korenwolf en de vondst van het stiekeme circus.
Er is voor dit weekend geen huiswerk gegeven i.v.m. de korte week.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
Next week, children will be investigating the names of animals and will be able to talk about any pets that they may have.
Homework: Creating animal snap cards
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
Next week we will be moving onto a new topic about different countries around the world.
Homework this week is to write a reply to the email saying your name, birthday and how old you are.
Year 3 / 4 French – Miss Rae
Next week in French we will be learning how to say colours and different classroom objects and instructions.
Homework this week will be to complete the crossword and find the missing, mysterious word.
Year 4 French: Miss Wood /Ms Lawler
This week we shall review the names and dates of French festivals, consolidate numbers to 60, review how to plan a trip and use simple time connectives.
Homework: To practice telling the time using simple phrases.
Topic: Vegetables and Fruits-Text 2
Key Words: 应该ying gai/should have；可是ke shi/but；每天mei tian/everyday；等等deng deng/and so on
Homework: Worksheet of the topic of vegetables
Topic: Countries, Languages (Text 2)-Continued
The students will be able to use the key words of Text 2 to share the languages they can speak.
Homework: A poster based on the information given on P6 (workbook sheet).
Topic: Lesson 4 Date-Continued
This week we will learn how to express date and week.
Homework: Worksheet for practising characters of date and week.