- Showcase –Our showcase will be on Friday 16 March 9.00 – 9.45am. Please come and celebrate the learning in Year 1 this term.
- Tuesday 13 March - Year trip to the Natural History Museum. The children will need a light bag to carry their lunch and water bottle.
- International Week – Week beginning 26 March. Please join us on:
- Monday 26 March 8:25am in the Primary Playground as we begin our International Week with a song.
- Thursday 29 March 9:00am for our International Parade, we encourage all children (and adults) to come dressed in special clothing from their home country or country of their choice. Our Chatterbox café will be open for refreshments during this time.
In Literacy this week we are continuing with postcards. The children will learn the format and key vocabulary necessary for postcard writing and then apply this knowledge by writing postcards to the natural museum. They will focus on key punctuation such as full stops, question marks and exclamation marks. Our traditional tale will be Jack and the Beanstalk.
Dear, from, P.S., postcard, stamp, holiday, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
In Maths this week we will working on division. Children will be introduced to sharing objects and move onto arrays in grouping. Later on in the week, we will begin to apply our division skills by solving word problems.
Divide, share, groups, equals, how many
As our theme study of ‘Around the World in 80 days’ continues, we will be in working together in teams to create a grid-map of a country or continent of their choosing including famous landmarks or experiences. The children will then code their Bee-bots to visit these landmarks. This task will see the children practise design thinking and creative collaboration.
Asia, Africa, North and South America, Antartica, Europe, Australia, landmark, creativity, design
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
We are continuing with coding for the coming weeks. The children will now look at inputting information with an increased independence. Within the unit the children will be looking at developing the movement of objects operated from the instructions that they decide.
Coding, code, input, directions, buttons
Our PSHE theme this week is COMPASSION. Children will be learning what compassion means and about mindfulness and empathy. Children will be exploring what empathy means and in what situations we feel empathy and how we can help in those situations.
Compassion, kindness, empathy, mindfulness
Deze week staat alles in teken van het SDS TAALstraattheater. Kapitein Winokio, Katunga, de giraf en de boom met haargroeiproblemen gaan aan boord van hun sloep de notendop en vertonen hun beste dramakunsten.
Komt dat zien op woensdag 14 maart van 16:30 tot 18:00!
De letter van de week is de `j `!
Mandarin Y1 MNDC1/C2-Ms Zhou and Ms Zhang
Homework for this weekend: Practice the new words by playing the board game with parents.
Next week we will review the words/sentence patterns we have learnt via interactive activities.
Mandarin Y1 MNDC3-Ms Dai
Homework for this weeknd: Read the poem.
Next week we will be talking about My House. Children will be able to tell the names of some common furnitures.
Mandarin Y1 MNDCN-Ms Wang and Ms He