It is a great opportunity to visit informally and meet your class/form teacher.
Families are asked to arrive at the Main Reception where you will be met by a member of staff and helped to your next destination. There will be plentiful supplies of tea and coffee flowing throughout the day. Students are not required to come in uniform on Orientation Day.
In order to make your back-to-school experience as smooth as possible, we will be hosting:
- Keita, our catering company (formerly known as The D Club), who will be available to make payment for their service should your children wish to make use of school lunches.
- Shanawaz Transport will be present should you wish to discuss using the bus company for drop off and/or pick up. A reminder that all students, both new and returning, must register for the school bus should you wish to use the service in 2015/16 - a delay in this will mean your child may not be able to use the service for the first few days of school.
- The Finance Team will be available to take any outstanding school fees which require payment.
- A Secondhand uniform sale will take place which was a hugely successful venture last year ran by our PTA (Parents’ and Teachers’ Association).
- The PTA will also have a booth where you will be able to meet some of our parent representatives and find out what they have planned for the year.
- 2014/15 Yearbooks will be available for collection at the Main Reception for those who ordered and paid for a copy at the end of last year and have not yet received them.
Guides will be on hand to help you find where you need to be on the premises. We also ask families who may have outstanding documentation to bring this ready to submit to the Admissions Team on the day, such as original transfer letter, original Emirates IDs to be scanned, school reports, etc.
Year 10 and Year 12 Students
During Orientation Day Year 10 and Year 12 students must register with the Head of Senior School, Mr. Andrew Kenning, who will be located on the second floor. Each student will have the opportunity to discuss and confirm GCSE options (Year 10 students) and IB subject choices (Year 12 students), as we are aware that sometimes people reflect over the holidays and may wish to discuss changing their initial choices.
Lastly, kindly be reminded that due to health and safety reasons, prams/buggies are not allowed inside the school building. There will be space to leave your prams/buggies outside the Main Entrance.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on +971 2 510 0100. We look forward to seeing you.