The Head of Year is responsible for a holistic overview of the students in their Year Group, working closely with the Key Stage Coordinator, the Tutors and the students in the Year Group to:
- Act as a role model for students and staff for positive relationships, professionalism and respect.
- Be a proactive presence around the school, at breaks and lunchtimes, visiting the Year Group during Registration and in their lessons and attending events such as Year Group Concerts.
- Promote positive attitudes to learning and exceptional behaviour throughout the Year Group.
- Monitor the progress and welfare of the students in the Year Group, organising interventions as required.
- Follow up any student incidents as they arise.
- Develop Student Leadership, including the Student Leadership Team, and Service Learning opportunities.
- Liaise with the School Counsellor about any students in need of, or receiving, their support.
- Monitor the attendance and punctuality of students in the Year Group, organising interventions as required.
- Manage the registration and checking of the Year Group during Fire Drills/Alarms.
- Ensure effective communication to, and positive relationships with, parents.
- Lead the Information Evening at the beginning of each year and Coffee Mornings focused on issues especially relevant to the Year Group/Key Stage.
- Organise Student Reflections on Grade Reports and Parent/Student/Teacher Meetings.
- Continue to develop the Year Group's PSHE programme.
- Plan and run Year Group assemblies/support the Key Stage Coordinator in planning and running Key Stage assemblies.
- Lead, support and empower the Year's Tutor team, including planning and running Year Team meetings.
- Plan and lead the Year Group's Residential.
- Lead the induction of new students in the Year Group, from their Assessment Day onwards.
- Compile Reports/References etc. for any students leaving the Year Group.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Nord Anglia Education website. If you require any further information, please email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd December 2016.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand