St. Andrews school believe in a fully inclusive education. We cater for children with Special Educational Needs and we are looking for a caring professional who had relevant experience and qualifications in the special education area.
A qualified Special Educational Needs teacher who would be responsible for providing individual support to pupils with learning disabilities which prevent them from benefiting from the standard system of education.
Essential requirement in addition to class teacher responsibility is having a worked with SEN children up to 7 years old for with specific learning difficulties such as Asperger’s syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Dyslexia. It also caters for physically disabled pupils, and those with mental, psychological, emotional and social disabilities.
SEN teachers must work with an emphasis on meeting the particular needs of their pupils, perhaps employing a variety of alternative teaching methods to aid the learning process. They may use special equipment, IT and software to engage the students and help them overcome any problems.
The work as SEN teacher at St. Andrews is often challenging and varied and may involve:
- Commitment to working with children with special education needs.
- Working closely, sensitively and confidently with parents on a range of issues relating to theirs child’s progress and needs.
- Intervening when needed perhaps physically to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Liaising with other professionals, such as speech and language therapist, physiotherapists and or educational psychologist.
- Flexibility to responds to the needs of the children and adapt or change plans accordingly.
- The teacher must be flexible and highly resourceful. They must learn to alter their teaching style depending on a range of factors, including the age of the child, severity and nature of the impairment, the child’s educational placement and individual learning needs.
Education and experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field and minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Experience in assessing learning disorders.
- Experience in education special needs students.
- Proven effective classroom and students behavior management skills.
- Knowledge of currents special education practice and methodologies.
- Knowledge of tracking behavior a and episodes of severity and engagement level.
- Knowledge of addressing sensory issues.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Nord Anglia Education website. If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st January 2017.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand