In addition to the general duties of a class teacher, the Primary Year Leader is responsible for overseeing the smooth daily running and organisation of the year group in accordance with the Head of Phase’s vision and goals.
Reports to: Head of Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 or Head of Key Stage 2
Responsibilities of the role
- To ensure, through weekly team meetings, planning for all subjects complies with school policy
- To collaborate with the subject coordinators to develop the curriculum continuously
- In conjunction with members of the SLT, teaching teams and learning support departments, interpret termly assessment data to find areas in need of improvement that support student achievement
- To celebrate and promote inclusivity of all students within their Year Group.
- To have confident and professional communications with the parents of students in the Year Group.
- To support Class Teachers in the area of student behaviour management and pastoral care
- To support the progress of all members of their Year Group teaching team, through observations and professional development meetings
- To ensure professional, accurate attainment levels of students are reported back to parents by class and specialist teachers throughout the academic year.
- To attend regular Year Leader meetings as part of the Middle Management structure of the Primary School.
- To organise school trips and residentials, for the Year Group, that occur throughout the year
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering an extracurricular activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning, or from another area of interest. Our school has a good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please click Apply Now. If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This position has an employment start date of 1st August 2021. The closing date for applications is Friday 11th December 2020, with applications being reviewed as they are received.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok, Primary School
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand