Full STEAM Ahead
I hope your child has come home already this week and told you about the many great activities we are working on during Secondary STEAM Week. Mr Porter has been working alongside colleagues from MIT and Subject Leaders to find innovative ways of engaging our students as they explore the theme of ‘Navigating Tomorrow’.
With this in mind, I am going to take the unusual approach of setting Secondary parents two HOMEWORK tasks this week – yes, you have read this correctly!
Task 1 - I would like you to ask the following questions when your child gets home from school this week:
• What does STEAM stand for and have you met Billy and Bjorn from MIT yet?
• Can you explain the theme of ‘Navigating Tomorrow’ to me?
• What are your ideas on ‘Navigating Tomorrow’?
• How can I help you to explore your ideas further?
• How have you worked with others to explore how we will ‘Navigate Tomorrow’?
Task 2 – if your child gives you some amazing answers to the above questions or any other STEAM question you have asked them, then please let me know.
It would be great to receive emails from you, our parents, about how much your child enjoyed STEAM Week and how you felt it opened their mind when considering future implications on the development of technology.
As I like healthy competition, I will make sure we give rewards for the very best parent comments.
Have a great STEAM Week at home.