On Wednesday, August 19th, 2020, six independent schools in the Greater Orlando Area joined together to announce the formation of The Citrus League, a competitive grouping for student-athletes in light of COVID-19. The group comprises of Bishop Moore Catholic, Lake Highland Preparatory School, Montverde Academy, The First Academy, Trinity Preparatory School, and Windermere Preparatory School.
All schools in The Citrus League have committed to the following core health and safety values:
1. Require all students (Grades 6-12) to wear a mask during the school day
2. Standardized daily screening procedures (temperature checks and COVID-19
3. Facilitate competition only within The Citrus League to limit travel
4. Member schools will be paired with a different league opponent on a weekly rotation
5. Commit to uphold uniform event management protocols
6. Utilize the recommendations and guidance of The Citrus League Medical Task Force
The Citrus League schools will maintain their eligibility with the Florida High School Athletic
Association (FHSAA). Follow @TheCitrusLeague on Twitter and Instagram.