Are you an experienced Primary School classroom teacher with a high level of English who can provide effective and proactive teaching and learning through inquiry based lessons that incorporate clear learning objectives through differentiated instruction to students of mixed abilities?
As a qualified teacher you will be familiar with international curriculums and confident teaching primary age students. You will be an excellent communicator who gets on well with colleagues, students, parents, technology and change. Amongst other things, you will be well organised, have a good sense of humour and want to develop opportunities for students in and out of the classroom, providing opportunities for participation and the promotion of excellence.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Use teaching methods which will engage students and stimulate pupils’ intellectual curiosity including the use of effective questioning, clear presentation and good use of resources
- Set high expectations for pupils’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of behaviour management through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships in accordance with the rules and behaviour policy of the school
- Promote an appreciation of children’s literature and enjoyment in recreational reading
- Help children to become familiar with a range of authors and genres in both print and digital formats
- Guide students and teachers in their reading choice
- Use selection tools / reviewing journals to keep informed about current children’s literature
- Know how to prepare and present informative reports to parents ina professional manner based upon monitoring procedures adhered to within the school
- Understand the need to take responsibility for their own professional development and to keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy as relevant to their own department and mainstream departments
The successful candidate will benefit from the career and development opportunities that come with being part of the world’s leading premium schools organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online forum which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our team don’t just maintain their skills and expertise; they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive package. You will have the opportunity to live in and work in one of the worlds' most vibrant cities.
The closing date for application is 14th September 2016.
Start date: 7th September 2016
Applications should be sent to Jayne Roumian - firstname.lastname@example.org