With the link to this week's Update, you have received a letter outlining a further enhancement to our home/school communication. In previous Headteacher Coffee Mornings, parents have asked for more information about their child's academic and social progress in school, therefore we have developed the Progress Update which will be sent to you on Monday 4th April. This will be used to guide dialogue during the parents meetings on 5th and 6th April. The purpose of this document is twofold:
- To highlight your child’s academic progress from June 2015 (where appropriate) until the end of Term 2 2016.
- To document your child’s overall strengths this year that are linked directly to the attributes of integrity, respect, care, enquiry, reflection and perseverance from our Aide Memoir and school mission statement.
Please read the letter carefully and remember to sign up for your parent meeting so that your child's class teacher can explain the document further to ascertain the next steps for your child's learning.
Family Information Sheet
On Monday, you will be sent a hard copy of the Family Information Sheet. This is an annual procedure so that we can ensure all of your family details are up to date in our School Information Management System (SIMs). Please ensure that all changes are annotated on the sheet and that this is returned to the AP1 Office by Friday 25th March. If all of your details are correct, you are still required to sign and return the sheet by the above deadline. Thank you for your help in this important matter.
AP2 Spring Serenade
This week over 200 AP2 students took to the stage in the Spring Serenade Concert. It was a magical evening with wonderful performances from all involved. In this post from Mr Ian Alexander, Director of Music, you will find more information on the music performed and a wonderful array of pictures from the evening. It was great to see so many students who had started their musical journeys at AP1, showing the benefits of an International, 2-18 education.
Service Learning - Community Games Club
The Community Card Games Club continues to go from strength to strength with communication, collaboration and fun being its 3 main components. Read more about the games that they play and see some our the children in action by reading the post by Charles Raezer, EAL Teacher.
F3 Sound Exploration
This term the children in F3 have been exploring different sounds. Recently they went off on a hunt around school, collecting and making sounds. Have a look at our videos of sounds that were made using MadPad - more examples can be found by clicking here.
Year 6 Community Partners - Huynh Van Ngoi School
In this post by Esther Russell, there is a chance to learn about the partnership between our Year 6 classes and their community partner, 'Huynh Van Ngoi School'. Each class have been taking turns to both host at BIS and then visit at their school, taking much away from both experiences. It is wonderful to see the maturity, empathy and genuine care given to others from our Year 6 students.
Safeguarding Procedures - Reminder
Please be reminded that all adults must only use the designated adult toilets located on each floor of the school. In line with school policy, it is our expectation that no adult should be present in a child only toilet at any time. Please check the signs outside each toilet area to ensure that you are helping to keep our children, and yourself, safe in school.
Entry to AP1 - Reminder
In line with our standard operating procedures, all parents coming onsite between 8.15am and 2.00pm must check in at the office before proceeding to your child's classroom. This does not apply if you are attending a school event, parent workshop or class assembly.
Please also remember to wear your lanyard with your child's ID card at all times when you are on site. As always, your support in these matters are very much appreciated.
AP1 Spring Fair 2016
The AP1 Spring Fair is one of the highlights of the PTG and whole school calendar. A huge amount of work goes into making this event happen ensuring a wonderful morning for all of our BIS community. How can you help?
- If you are able to help out with the Spring Fair, please kindly click here for sign up. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054eacae28a4f85-spring
- If you have a company or your know someone who would like to donate a price or sponsor a game please contact the Spring Fair committee co-leaders Abby Miguel firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com or Nikki Aurora firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com
- The committee is looking for donations on:
- - Used books to sell during the event
- - One of the favourite attractions for kids is the tombola. New toys, stationary, etc suitable for the game and kids are the perfect donations.
Please see attached posters for more details.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to be part of our PTG.
Kính gửi quí phụ huynh
Hội chợ Mùa xuân là một trong những lễ hội lớn của trường BIS, cơ sở An Phú 1. Để chuẩn bị thật chu đáo cho sự kiện lớn này, chúng tôi kêu gọi sự giúp đỡ từ phía quí phụ huynh của đại gia đình BIS để lễ hội diễn ra thật sôi động và thú vị. Quí vị phụ huynh có thể tham gia giúp đỡ bằng các cách sau:
1. Nếu quí phụ huynh có thể tham gia giúp đỡ tổ chức các hoạt động của Hội chợ mùa xuân, vui lòng đăng ký theo đường link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054eacae28a4f85-spring
2. Nếu quí phụ huynh muốn giới thiệu nhà tài trợ hoặc quí vị muốn tài trợ (bằng hiện kim hoặc tài trợ một hoạt động), vui lòng liên hệ Đại diện ban tổ chức Abby Miguel firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com hoặc Nikki Aurora firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com
3. Ban tổ chức đang tìm kiếm sự tài trợ:
- Sách cũ để bán trong Hội chợ
- Một trong các trò chơi cho các em thiếu nhi như tombola (trò chơi quay số). Các đồ chơi mới, dụng cụ học tập, . . . hoặc các món đồ chơi dành cho trẻ em.
Để biết thêm chi tiết, vui lòng xem poster đính kèm.
Rất mong nhận được sự đóng góp nhiệt tình từ tất cả các quí phụ huynh dành cho Hội chợ mùa xuân.
AP1의 봄 행사는 PTG(학부모 선생님 그룹)과 학교 전체 스케줄의 큰 행사중 하나 입니다. BIS 커뮤니티를 위해 이 이벤트를 잘 이루어 내기위해선 많은 도움이 필요합니다. 도움을 주실 수 있는 분들은 아래를 봐주십시오.
1. 봄행사에 직접적으로 도와주실수 있으시면 아래 링크에 들어가셔서 등록하여 주십시오
2. 기부 원하는 회사나 스폰서가 있으시면 봄 행사 위원회 담당자인 Abby Miguel firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com 또는 Nikki Aurora firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com 으로 연락 부탁드립니다
2. 위원회가 기부 물품을 찾고 있습니다.
o 이벤트 동안 팔 중고 책들
o 어린이 장난감 및 학용품 또는 아이들에게 적합한 용품 등
자세한 정보를 위해 첨부파일에 있는 포스터를 봐주십시오.
모든 분들을 환영하며, PTG의 맴버가 되실 수 있습니다.
BIS Holiday Programme in April
To sign up for a programme, please complete the appropriate reply slip that is available from the AP1 cashier and arrange payment before Friday 1st April. All allocations will be managed on a first come, first served basis.
Term 2: Key Dates for the Diary
Thursday 17th - Sunday 20th Mar
FOBISIA Arts Carnival (hosted by AP1)
Sunday 27th Mar
Term 2 Clubs finish
PTG Spring Fair
Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th Apr
F1 - Y6 Parents evening
Monday 4th Apr
Term 3 clubs sign up opens
Friday 8th Apr
Term 3 clubs sign up ends
Friday 8th Apr
School finishes at 11.30 AM
Essential Information for Parents
2015 – 2016 Early Years and Primary Parent Handbook
AP1 Parent Calendar
Weekly Canteen Menus - (Next week's menu is: Menu 1)
Class Blogs - (Find out about what has been happening in your child’s class, access homework links and also the weekly Learning Letter)
2016 – 2017 Term Dates
Follow us on FaceBook and Twitter
Are you a fluent English speaker and do you hold a recognised qualification in Counselling? Do you have a desire to join our BIS team?
If you are interested in our part time Primary Counsellor position, please access this post to find out how you can apply.
I wish you a very peaceful and relaxing weekend and look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.
Simon Higham / Headteacher