At BIS HCMC we treat one another with respect while learning together as responsible global citizens. This phrase is taken from our mission statement, but is embodied by the students. Childhood is a time for children to learn about the world, including how to get along with others. Parents and teachers play an essential role, guiding children in how to form healthy relationships and grow into socially adept individuals.
In school, we expect the children to;
How can you create a culture of respect at home?
- Be a good role model of respectful behaviour.
- Encourage your child to use please and thank you.
- Treat your home and belongings with care and respect.
- Question disrespectful behaviour. Ask your child if the behaviour was appropriate; give choices or suggestions of alternative respectful behaviour.
- Be consistent and insistent. Ensure all caregivers have the same expectations.
Most of all…
- Praise your child’s respectful behaviour!
Ms Holly Johnson, Year 1 Teacher