We are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated and dedicated Vietnamese Coordinator (0.6) Teaching Support (0.4) based on BIS Primary Campus, 225 Nguyen Van Huong, Dist.2, HCMC.
To support the Heads of Campus and Primary Leadership Team in fulfilling the schools Mission Statement by leading and overseeing Vietnamese Language in Primary and meeting the statutory requirements as laid out by DOET.
Support the teaching and learning across the year groups as required by Learning Support (LS), English as an Additional Language (EAL) and Year Group Leaders.
- Lead the TAs in the delivery of quality Vietnamese lessons for students from Year 1 to Year 6
- Assist the Head and Deputy at each primary campus in identifying both good practice and areas for improvement within Vietnamese Language and Culture.
- Implement ways to advance the teaching and learning of the subject.
- Work alongside all their colleagues and always be a point of reference for staff in this subject
- Carry out any duties that the HoC considers reasonable, that are commensurate with the grading and designation of the post.
- Write development plans, policies and any other curriculum documents liaising with Head TA and HoC.
- Ensure that all plans meet the requirements of DOET
- Ensure the correct time allocation for Vietnamese language lessons for specific age groups is being met
- Monitor, observe and evaluate the planning and delivery of Vietnamese Language and Culture in primary.
- Establish appropriate progression in the teaching of Vietnamese Language and Vietnamese Culture from F3 to Y6.
Teaching and Learning
- Support and advise teachers and TA’s, as necessary, on general practice. Role model good practice.
- Ensure the quality of teachers meets the BIS Excellence Criteria
- Plan for and provide professional development opportunities using strategies which may include staff meetings, team teaching and workshops.
- Ensure methods of assessment tracking and target setting are consistent
Communication with Parents
- Organize and deliver parent workshops to support Vietnamese Language learning
- Organize and oversee Parent Teacher Student consultations in line with school policies
- Ensure standards of oral and written reports to parents are of the highest quality
- Support the LS and EAL departments and year groups in the teaching of students
- Having a degree in Primary Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be proactive and seek guidance where necessary
- Be numerate and accurate
- Possess strong IT Skills
- Fluent English Speaker
- Passionate, punctual, enthusiastic and be a great team member
WORKING TIME: 7:30am to 4:30pm, 5 days a week.
Closing date: by 10 Oct 2018
If you are interested in any positions please send a letter of application, an up-to-date CV in English with relevant degrees and certificates, a recent photograph and the contact details of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
(Only qualified candidates are invited for interview).
We look forward to receiving your application.